Winter rated all seasons

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am up for tires again now and can't get another set of duratracs as they are back ordered. Going to try the bfg ko2

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

77Crash77

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Doubtful. Checked yesterday. Over 1000 on back order in 325/60r20

pizalm

Reaction score
Duratracs are a great tire, and got great mileage out of them 80k. Just put on some competitor Muteki trail hogs, to early to compare.

I just put the trail hogs on my f350, seem great grip wise so far, but they feel rough. I noticed the old weights were left on the rims though and they just added more to balance. Not to happy about that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just put the trail hogs on my f350, seem great grip wise so far, but they feel rough. I noticed the old weights were left on the rims though and they just added more to balance. Not to happy about that.

Next intall, try bead balance. Small extra cost but never have to worry about weights falling off.

pizalm

Reaction score
Next time I'm in town and have a chance they will be getting rebalanced. Not at kal tire though with their no appointment bs.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Bead balance either works good or not lol

One thing is if u have a flat some times the beads stick to the patch...

Also the amount of beads is general for tire size.... Problem is every tire is different, and some u don't get enough beads or too much for beads... That's y it works good or not sometimes

brutematt750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I had a set of bead balanced tires on my cummins and found they wore funny. And didn't like the feel of them. I won't try it again.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416823084.919813.jpg

New ko2 just installed just drove home so far so good! Quiet and unreal snow traction haven't hit any ice yet

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Next intall, try bead balance. Small extra cost but never have to worry about weights falling off.

How could they balance them with the old weights still on? The shop fawked up.

S.W.A.T.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They just add more to the other side.or sometimes they luck out and don't require much change at all

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya! Truck actually looks good now. Amazing how some aggressive tires change the look. These tires have a lot of sipes that are deep and soft I'm pretty happy with them and looks like they should perform ok on ice too

I agree. I found them same putting the Duratracs on mine. Awesome in any sort of snow but just just average on ice. Kind of makes me want to get of of the chrome clad rim for something black. This truck has a case of Chrome-itis.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Bead balance either works good or not lol

One thing is if u have a flat some times the beads stick to the patch...

Also the amount of beads is general for tire size.... Problem is every tire is different, and some u don't get enough beads or too much for beads... That's y it works good or not sometimes

Never had any issues with bead balancing, even when rim is clogged with mud. Most of the 35" tires out there today rarely require balancing.. Not sure what you mean by not enough bead or too much? They all come in a bag ranging from 4-16 oz that tear open with the first drive The amount of material will distribute itself in weight and position dependent on the balance requirements of the individual tire.
Eager to see the longevity of the trail hogs in comparison to the duratracs.

Jesse_01

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am running toyo a/t extremes non studded this winter. I like them a lot better than the duratracs studded up.

Top Bottom