Winter rated all seasons

crow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just installed a set of cooper atw's on my f150. They are what they consider a hybrid between a winter and and a all terrain, lots of siping and a good treadwear rating. I will report more on them once they see some miles and some snow.

Worst tires ive ever had...not sure if its because they were on a 3/4 ton diesel but always felt unable to steer were scary tires...got goodyear new generation silent armours on now...night and day to the coopers

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try a set of cooper discoverer mud and snow tires yet? I was going to see if I can get a set thrown on tomorrow.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good thing about the cooper's is they are stepped and clean well

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Anyone try a set of cooper discoverer mud and snow tires yet? I was going to see if I can get a set thrown on tomorrow.

I ran them on a Yukon and an F350 one year, I won't be buying them again. I found the Firestone Winterforce to be waayyy better tire on both.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran them on a Yukon and an F350 one year, I won't be buying them again. I found the Firestone Winterforce to be waayyy better tire on both.
I am a big fan of the winterforce tire, probably on my 7th year and 4 different vehicles running them, excellent lighter duty winter tire.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a winter force is a better tire as it's directional compared to the cooper's

But if u drive any gravel at all the winter force tend to flake apart before the cooper's would

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes a winter force is a better tire as it's directional compared to the cooper's

But if u drive any gravel at all the winter force tend to flake apart before the cooper's would

I dunno, ran them on my service truck which saw lots of gravel plus it's 7Km of gravel to get to my driveway. I thought the cooper M&S sucked in pretty much all conditions.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I dunno, ran them on my service truck which saw lots of gravel plus it's 7Km of gravel to get to my driveway. I thought the cooper M&S sucked in pretty much all conditions.
on my heavier vehicle (1 ton dually 4x4 with 9'6" V plow) I go old school and run Uniroyal HD/T studded. 10 ply and work excellent in heavy vehicle applications. Stand up well to adverse roads in the winter but you must get them off when you see the gravel in the spring.

Last edited:

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Even the old school bfg commercial traction with snow flake, we're awsome winter tire

Don't make them no more after Michelin bought bfg, as they competitive with Michelin brands

Absledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought a set of these 10 ply e rated for my 2500. any thoughts?

wild country xtx.....hoping they are better then the ones others have been saying bad things about LOL

https://shop.kaltire.com/tiresdetails2/modelid/141

My parents have these on there old f150 farm truck. Not the worst tire I've ever drove on but also far from the best. It's probably a lot better with some weight on it though.

DRD

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i just bought a set of these 10 ply e rated for my 2500. any thoughts?

wild country xtx.....hoping they are better then the ones others have been saying bad things about LOL

https://shop.kaltire.com/tiresdetails2/modelid/141

I run these on the back of my dually for the summer, I like them. I had to drive around today in the snow with them since I haven't had time to put my winters on but they seemed pretty decent in the snow.

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The BFG ComTracs were very similar to the HD/T, a real good old school heavy duty winter tire. Not all fancy schmany like many of the new tires, no walnuts in them, no computer designs, not directional and lots of road noise. Just they way a winter tire should be.

B-Mac

Reaction score
Just threw on a set of toyo open country C/T I studded them as well.. there snow flake approved. 10 ply E load rated.. seem to be good so far.. pretty quite compared to my old nitto trail grappler. .
Tried a set of these, studded as well, on a 2014 f-150 and they were terrible. Just like skates. Ended up switching them out for a set of nokian hawks. Seem like a hard tire and would probably wear well. To be fair the studs that were installed were small/cheap looking and wore out quickly.

NosRX1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I order a set Toyo M55 for my dually, getting them studded anyone run these tires and how well did they work?

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I order a set Toyo M55 for my dually, getting them studded anyone run these tires and how well did they work?

Rubber to hard, like a slick on the ice, if you have lots of weight they are ok in snow. Very good wear, very hard compound. Excellent summer tire if you have to travel on allot of gravel, that is their strong point.

Braddock54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got about 5000 on the Duratracs so far. Pretty happy with them. They aren't the bomb on ice but I didn't expect them to be. The Nokians are unreal for ice.

Great hookup and braking on hard pack, and these tires love the deeper snow. Chugs through the deeper stuff no problem. Better than the Nokians for this I've found. Pretty decent in wet slush too.

And they look better lol.

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got these on yesterday. Toyo GSI5. Needed 4x4 in the morning with my all seasons and drive home in 2 wd with the toyo. Was very slick in Lacombe after the 8" of snow over the weekend. As good or better than a blizzak and way better than the studded duratracs I ran last year. Thanks chrisco for hooking me up with some wicked tires!!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 155
Top Bottom