winches for sled decks

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wandering what you peeps are using to winch dead sleds onto the deck,atv winch,boat winch,etc?????would be nice to have just in case Buddy's sled cratersLOL:d

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a 12V warn winch with a quick connect billet mounting block for all the broken doo's.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CATPRIDE Are you using booster cables or did you wire your winch from your truck battery?

CATPRIDE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Never to the truck, carry a spare battery. I have two batteries(RV deep Cycle) in the trailer.

teamgreen

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 12V 1500lb winch welded to the headache rack. It uses the same 2 wire connection as the lights, just swap the wires over. I have only ever used it once and used booster cables as the lights weren't hooked up yet. Wasn't strong enough to yank my mountain cat up without assistance so there is no way it would yank up a broken doo. It is set up as a 2:1 system with a pulley.

win

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CATPRIDE Thats what i thought,thanks bud

blastoff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use a 12V warn winch with a quick connect billet mounting block for all the broken doo's.
For the Poo Poo`s and cats were hand them over to the owners, doo drive up under there power:)

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I picked up a simple 3500lb hand crank winch from Princess Auto for cheep last winter and an axle strap to clip it to the deck mounts. Never had to use it but figured it would work in a pinch. It would be nice to pick up a cheap 12v winch but I would rather buy other things.

Top Bottom