WillowBurl Cabins ??

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Hey all,

I was just wondering if anybody has stayed at these cabins before, and what they are like. More importantly though, the group that I ride with has a few families with kids, so we like to go somewhere we don't have to trailer to and from. We like to take the kids up for a quick ride in the late morning, and then drop them back at home and then head up and normally come back after dark. Is there any good riding close by that we can sled to right from the cabins? Any information you might have would be really helpful. Thanks.

Reaction score
The cabins are great for any type of group, I have stayed there a few times and nothing but good to say about the place. I dont know a bunch about riding right from the cabins, but if you call them they will be more than happy to fill you in. The owners are great people.

TheRedDragon

Reaction score
Yeah, they said that Canoe Mountain is right there and some other places as well, but I was hoping that somebody on here has sledded in these spots and has some opinions on the quality of the sledding. Thanks for your help.

Mr.Plow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The WillowBurl cabins are defintly family frendly. Small kitchen, and lots of room for kids to play in the loft. also lots of parking for the larger rigs. Not sure of the local riding, we trailered our sleds down the road to Allen creek and Blue River.

My wife liked staying there then it has to be good. :)

catsass

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The cabins and the owners are great. Nice and quiet with security. Never rode around there but a short trailer to allen where we rode.

Reaction score
Canoe is a trail ride type of place. if you can get a hold of someone from around there, theres a pretty gnarly place to ride very close to there that mostly the locals and regulars ride, its a pretty technical trail into it and not really recommended for the faint of heart. Westridge i think its called.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is westridge.......i would say at least you should be an extremely advanced rider to get into this area. i ride there every weekend its pretty tricky.

but over 50 areas to trailer too.

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
it is westridge.......i would say at least you should be an extremely advanced rider to get into this area. i ride there every weekend its pretty tricky.

but over 50 areas to trailer too.

lol hahhaaha i like that "at least you should be an extremely advanced rider to get into this area. i ride there every weekend"

modest? i think not:d

TKOOIL

Reaction score
The trail into westridge gets extremely icy can be tricky,we had a sled go backwards down the trail after the dip I have no idea how he saved it!lol:beer:

shedy

Reaction score
STAY AWAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This past summer on our way from Mcbride to Kelowna my 3 year old son had to pee, so we pulled off the highway on the right of way of willowburl cabins...Make a long story short..This man in his pickup came down the drive way yelling at us for urinating on private property.trying to be nice we said he was only 3 but that didn't matter. The man who said he was the owner blocked us in his driveway, but when he got out of his truck to reach me in my window, we got away. My wife was on the phone with 911 the whole time and we went back to valemount and talked with the officer. So before thinking staying here Call the local police station cause we are not the first "family" they have done this too. Yes the police officer said they only seem to "pick" on Families.

AlbertaSummit

Reaction score
Hard to believe what shedy says. Ive stayed there half dozen times with family and friends and its always been an excellent stay. Ill be back there dec28 til jan1 and im sure it will be just as good as always.

shedy

Reaction score
Well Believe it!

Like I said give the local police station a call and ask about this place.

Top Bottom