Will this finally be the year...

pistoncontracting

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
and factory turbos like Yamaha.....

Honestly, I think I'm over the whole 'factory turbo' thing. The stage kits work soooo well on those sleds, I don't even know if a turbo would be 'worth it'. At least for the type of riding I seem to find myself doing so much.
I really enjoy my turbo, but man oh man...

Rhodesie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
march 6th is the dealer show. they may surprise us this year, who knows. the new 850 kinda blind sided the snow world and the other manufacturer's never saw it coming. i understand the light weight focus of polaris and it does sell sleds. Axys is kool but i wish they would put weight aside for a specific model. i believe they need a complete revamp of their bullet with no sacrifices. big bore, longer stroke, taller pistons, larger case volume, more coolant(and i am talking more coolant surrounding engine components), new fuel injection. and for gods sake test the hell out of it so people can get some miles out of it before it needs preventative maintanence. Believe me when i say i am NOT a Doo guy. I bleed Polaris and always have. I know good riders that have rode the new gen 4 and own the new gen 4. They all say the same thing, "its a weapon". i am not bashing, it's only an opinion. Happy sledding!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can get in season LE's. Its really only two models of Axys, the LE and standard. You can pre order a LE to pick you color or take whatever LE in season is available in the fall. So you can still get painted tunnels in season.

I wouldn't say the 850 blind sided the other manufacturers, but someone was going to be first to release a higher displacement motor, everyone can't come out with something new every year. Whether its the first with 3" or now larger lugs, first 174, first larger motor, one will always follow the other if its viable. Polaris only had a season on the Axys, (in the mountain segment, I do not care about trail sleds) which had a new motor. Its rare for anyone to release a new chassis and motor in the same year as they usually would want to prove one of those works first before adding the other.

Any hints of what Polaris is doing doesn't sound appealing. It could just be pure speculation, or its misleading to make people think other wise. The current Axys is a great sled. Someone will always want more power, but reliability is most important for most of the people I ride with. The aftermarket world can always give you the extra stuff for those who want it. I do not want to be paying $18,000 for a new sled in the near future. Doo can have its 850, which really, an 850? They go all that way to make a new motor and only go up 50cc?, and Cat can have, umm, whatever they have. I have come to enjoy the Polaris sleds, I wouldn't want them to go to far from what they build now unless its really something even better.

Top Bottom