Will a 2008 Summit X 163 fit in the back of a 2002 Dodge Ex Cab short box?

martincc

Reaction score
Planning on buying a 2002 Dodge 1500 4 door short box. Wondering if anyone has any experence fitting this or a similiar sled in the bed of that truck. Thanks! Live downtown so have to keep to a small lower truck.

martincc

Reaction score
Thanks. I think it should be ok. The sled is about 14' over all right? Any idea of a height with the sled on the truck, I think I will have to take the handle bars down to fit in my parking garage. Clearance is 6'7" i think. I work and live downtown so this is just a weekend vehicle

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I think it should be ok. The sled is about 14' over all right? Any idea of a height with the sled on the truck, I think I will have to take the handle bars down to fit in my parking garage. Clearance is 6'7" i think. I work and live downtown so this is just a weekend vehicle

Sled is prolly about 11' long. Height is roughly 48", so you'll likely also be knocking down the bars ( the easy way........or.....the hard way...:eek:)

Watch your approach angles too. If your ramp goes down hill to the door then as you go under the door you will be taller than the truck will measure on level ground. Make sense? Not a bad idea to get a spotter the first time if you're unsure.

My brother ripped down one of those PVC pipes chained to the roof in the parkade at WEM with his CRF.:beer:

Top Bottom