Wildcat 700 or Rzr?

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have focusing on the 50" versions for now. Once you hit 60" the width becomes and issue for me. My buddy has a 60" Rhino and the width is noticeable, especially trying to go around holes and through the bush. He now has a 69" Maverick xmr so it's even wider so we will see how that goes.

Weight is also a factor. That Rhino just sinks in everything although it is 1500+ pounds. For that reason I have crossed some of the heavier machines off the list.

Most of our riding is fairly tame in the Rig Street area. Top speed is usually about 20 km/h as we have children riding with us. I also want something my kids can drive. I don't think I want them on a 100 hp machine.

Thanks for your help!

tiger666

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a rzr 570 50",and i dont care what anybody says,with lift kit, snorkle and tires it goes where any machine goes regardless of size.Very dependable,runs for days on a tank of fuel and decently priced.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With an XMR , he will not " go around " .... Won't have too.
if it's your kids safety as a top concern , stability should be at the top of the list . Rollovers by trying to go around holes are the most common danger by far ...on a SXS .
jmat.

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
With an XMR , he will not " go around " .... Won't have too.
if it's your kids safety as a top concern , stability should be at the top of the list . Rollovers by trying to go around holes are the most common danger by far ...on a SXS .
jmat.

We definitely control when and where the kids will ride it. For the most part it will just be around the campsite, which is usually just on old lease site. There might be a few short trail rides where a parent will be riding with them. Both kids are fairly experienced atv'ers and we try to teach them safe riding skills. They use a quads now so I would think a sxs would be safer with seat belts and a roll cage.

Would a sxs be more tippy than a quad?

BIG DAWG

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
no it will not be more tippy however i also strongly suggest the 60" i have seen so many buddies in the past buy the 50" rzr for the same reasons you state and ended up spending $ to upgrade to the 60" susp
I have ridden with both styles of the cat as well as rzr and from what your looking for i think cat
the other thing depending upon your build i found the cat a lil tighter inside

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Again common sense prevails ... I would think they are safer in any SXS . My point is a 60 is much more stable and they have the ability to " grow " with it apposed to the limits of a 50 inch machine ...
if you plan on keeping it a while , the 60 may have better long term
Capabilities ....
at the end of the day , you wil be happy with either . Since the first SXS s came out though , I have never had to " turn around " a 60 inch wide machine , if s 50 inch made it through .... Ever.

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We started out with the original rzr800 48 50 inch.

Val really liked it except it landed in all the quad ruts or going around holes it got off camber and rolled over.
We added wheel spaces to made it wider to get out of ruts.

Then we got the 900xp 60 inch. Way better and missed the ruts. Also more stable off camber. Still rolled it.

We usually find go down the middle and maybe winch.

Wider is safer IMO

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My 50" wildcat trail is far more stable than any 50" Rzr as you are a lower centre of gravity. I feel it's more stable in it over a can am commander as I have spent a lot of time in those.

For those that think a 60" wide machine can follow a 50" I've got bad news for you, it physically can't... Maybe open riding areas or where there is only willows and small trees to plow over. The big SxS's stay to the low elevation trails around Calgary meanwhile I follow all the quads on the hilly/narrow trails.
Honestly the wildcat trail and Rzr 570 fit what you're looking for, but the cat will be less tippy for sure. Don't expect to do donuts on any 50" wide machine and you certainly need to learn to drive the machine carefully.
Like I said there's a place for the big/heavy/powerful machines and based on what I hear from the OP it is not here as he still wants to ride quad trails.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
dd750dd5cdcc36c32a6b2b16f24b9070.jpg

Puts the difference of 50" vs 64" in perspective not to mention on centre of gravity heights (and ground clearance).

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the 64 inch track is super nice for the suspension travel and quality of ride... hands down over the 50 inch ...
but i agree .. riding down here in the mountains .. outside of Calgary here... ... the 60 inch machines have trouble...
it all depends where you ride on what you can maybe get to have the best machine for the terrian you ride...

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 60 inch wide ranger, have had to go around a couple of bridges, It has it's plus and minuses. Trails are getting wider, but there are a lot of places a wider machine won't make it! Anyone saying otherwise is full of chit
Buy what fits your riding style and area, Do your own research and quit listening to the bs on here, you don't need the biggest baddest anything unless that is what u want. Suggest you go to dealers, find what you are interested in, check out there service dept, get the best deal and wareanty you can! Shop around, your money not the posters on here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride a 60 inch wide ranger, have had to go around a couple of bridges, It has it's plus and minuses. Trails are getting wider, but there are a lot of places a wider machine won't make it! Anyone saying otherwise is full of chit
Buy what fits your riding style and area, Do your own research and quit listening to the bs on here, you don't need the biggest baddest anything unless that is what u want. Suggest you go to dealers, find what you are interested in, check out there service dept, get the best deal and wareanty you can! Shop around, your money not the posters on here!

Side and roof riding saves tires too

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Side and roof riding saves tires too,,,

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey has anyone suggested a couple Polaris Aces??? You can buy them used cheap!!! With under 500km's. I think some guys got them and wanted more power so selling now.
They are cool little machines.
Same length as a 2up quad. But very low center of gravity. Roll cage so i feel MUCH safer for kids. U can get them with power steering and engine braking. You ( the dad) can still ride will all your buddies and the kids could ride around camp but of course just one at a time. Like i said they are cheap especially if you get the original model with the 330cc engine.
The 570 is the other engine or now even the 900 twin but u don't need that. I took both the 330 n 570 for a ride at the dealer and was really surprised how stable it was. I am actually considering one as we speak.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Sorry bud, cat 700 smokes both 800 and 570. Beats a commander 800 and I was right behind a commander 1000 with a passenger and bigger tires. Also not in the same

I own a cat 700 trail, love the machine and bang for buck best machine available hands down if you're on a budget.

Ok. The drag racing i was talking about was up a hill. I thought for sure the 700 would win but i guess the rzr did. I'll ask them again to confirm.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
to the op why not look into a four seater SxS? take the family in one vehicle, some makes are only slightly longer in length than a 2 seater, with a lift and better tires will go just about everywhere.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am thinking the rzr got its but whipped.... The 700
kitty is fast .. And I have driven both.
Yes my buddy's 700 wildcat sport eats my 800 poop

It's a overachiever, clutching has lots to do with it, mabe wide open a 900 poop may have a bit more just from bore and stroke

Top Bottom