Wildcat 700 or Rzr?

new_nytro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looking at both. Can't decide. Which ones better? I don't need to be fastest or king of the hill. I'm looking for something my kids (12 and 9) can drive as well. Leaning towards the Cat due to suspension and power at the moment. As well thinking only about the 50" wide versions. How are the 700 wildcats?

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Short answer : both are good ! I would give the nod to the cat . Like the motor better. In any case I would go to the 60 inch version , for a variety of reasons . Better clearance , axle angle, stability, and ride ....
The cat is a few $$$$ cheaper !
Rode with a 700 cat a few times ....very impressive

neither would be a " mistake " ......

Last edited:

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree. Stay away from the 50" wide. They can be a handful in off camber stuff. Stability is a good thing

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Most 50 inch units require bigger better & taller tires to improve GC. That usually leads to offset rims and a host of bearing / axle / tie rod wear and premature shock spring wear due to increased leverage .
Add in the fact that with these changes you are most likly 54 to 56 " wide .. So very close to a 60" wide machine when all is said and done .
Now with the 60 inch versions , just add larger tire to your stock rims and ride ....!

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Cat !! That 700 motor is very good. I have a buddy in Utah who just turned 17,000 miles on his. Only issue has been a bad rad cap.

MADKAWI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roll cages are very weak on the cat. It's a nice machine but i'd go with a 570 rzr with power steering. Tons of aftermarket support and very reliable.
I heard how quick the 700 was then heard how the rzr 800 beat it in drag races up sand hills at our dunes here.
Not that that's a deal breaker but the 570 has plenty of power.
The cat is cool though. Tough call.
Plus i'd get the model that has engine breaking. I fon't think the cat has it on any of their models but i could be wrong.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Stock seats also, don't have to put in aftermarket ones to get the same

Meggamass

Reaction score
RZR 900, great all around machine. My 11 year old daughter, and 9 year old son use mine all the time. Then you have an all around good machine for yourself as well.

Steve D

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Been very happy with my trail. Rode with an 800 rzr a bunch last year, I had no trouble beating it in drag races. There's a reason they came out with a 900 right away. For a 50", it handles better and is noticeably more stable than the rzr 50 - the rzr needs the 60" to keep it from tipping over. If you do any rat racing on gravel roads, absolutely the 60" would be better. Personally, I went 50 because I have a couple places 60 inchers won't go unless we do a bunch of fricking logging and I'm not into doing that haha. If you can, absolutely go 60.

The 900 "modern" rzrs are worlds better than the old ones too, just all around built better IMO.

Start with your budget too. The cat saves you a bunch so that you can buy accessories! On that note, rzr's definitely do have way more aftermarket options to choose from.

If this is your first machine, then no matter what you buy you're doing better than before. :beer:

Ricki Bobby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I currently own a 2011 50" RZR and do enjoy it very much. That being said, if I was in the market for a new machine I would go for a RZR 900 in the 60" version. My brother has a 2015 and it is night and day in ride quality and engine. I do like the Cat though too.......hmmmmm!

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
That's a tuff question! I am a Polaris sxs fan. But I hear nothing but good things about the 700 cat. Pick a dealer that has the better reputation and go with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

KWIK RACING INC.

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good question.

Maverick seats are amazing for comfort

Ray, never mind the seats...hehe
From a totally performance stand point the maverick would be the machine to have...
who is'nt into performance? we all as humans want the best performing stuff.... otherwise we all would be driving smart cars...lol
don't kid yourself... there is a reason can am and polaris dominates the racing world.. whether it be GNCC Fast Woods Racing, Mud Racing in the CMR Championship Mud Series or the Desert Racing in the BOTD....

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The roll cages are very weak on the cat. It's a nice machine but i'd go with a 570 rzr with power steering. Tons of aftermarket support and very reliable.
I heard how quick the 700 was then heard how the rzr 800 beat it in drag races up sand hills at our dunes here.
Not that that's a deal breaker but the 570 has plenty of power.
The cat is cool though. Tough call.
Plus i'd get the model that has engine breaking. I fon't think the cat has it on any of their models but i could be wrong.

Sorry bud, cat 700 smokes both 800 and 570. Beats a commander 800 and I was right behind a commander 1000 with a passenger and bigger tires. Also not in the same

I own a cat 700 trail, love the machine and bang for buck best machine available hands down if you're on a budget.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ray, never mind the seats...hehe
From a totally performance stand point the maverick would be the machine to have...
who is'nt into performance? we all as humans want the best performing stuff.... otherwise we all would be driving smart cars...lol
don't kid yourself... there is a reason can am and polaris dominates the racing world.. whether it be GNCC Fast Woods Racing, Mud Racing in the CMR Championship Mud Series or the Desert Racing in the BOTD....

Can ams are good if you want big, heavy, powerful machines. To be honest I would own one if the trails I ride would allow it, but they just wouldn't be able to follow my little wildcat trail in some of the terrain I ride. It's at 1000lbs, 50" wide, 60-65HP.
Maverick is almost 1400lbs, 64" wide, 100HP. Completely different leagues, not to mention the maverick is about 40% higher cost.

Top Bottom