Wildcat 1000x

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse. but I just watched dirt trax television who is mostly sponsered by popo pick the wildcat x as the bes, Fastest and most fun ride out there over the xp900 and maverick. Even funnier as I also said in my post they didn't expect the wildcat to kick butt. I'm now keeping the maverick till spring and will wait and see how my friends wildcat holds up with lots of miles on it. It's at 550 miles now. And also give the xp1000 a chance to prove itself before I buy one.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think they are the worst thing going to jump though. The front end is heavy. Watch any of them do big jumps. Every one I have watched looked like was going to endo. I would love to try one though. What are the price tags on one.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looked at one of the wildcats at bass pro yesterday, they still haven't changed the top front a-arm from the quads, untill they do i'd be staying far far away. i feel the design is the reason the arctic cats have the dreaded instant full lock. they put way to much leverage on the middle of the top front a arm. thus bending the frame slightly. thus the full lock steering crap. the front a-arms on the mud pro i had where out a half inch from one side to the other, becomes very dangerous.

my opinion is stand back and let others spend there money, not on my hit parade.

pfi572

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And your point being? Agree they are all very close except for the one challenge .
Obviously better clutching ,traction and getting it to ground.
But hey I guess it's all in the sand and doesn't count?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Looks like a good comparison. The sand riding is very common in the south.

DaveB

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The sand hill would be closer if they were all on 29" big tires I think.....

andrew3399

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would they though. As you know bigger tires require more power to turn. Of course just thinking out loud. Could be thinking in the wrong direction.

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
popo looks pretty good. but i thought that cat was the slayer?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would they though. As you know bigger tires require more power to turn. Of course just thinking out loud. Could be thinking in the wrong direction.

Curious about this aswell. If they are close on the sand race on flat how would a hill change it other than traction. It's like two identical sleds with different tracks I suppose. More surface on the ground with the 30s. Tread design might have a lot to do with it. Factory maverick tires aren't that knobby. Not sure about the po po.

Canadianking

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Maverick runs bighorns as well as the rzr but there 27" not 29.5". Not sure on tread depth though. The rzr is geared and clutched for the bigger tires obviously and the bigger tires are going to give you an advantage on the hill I'm thinking. The help of the true four wheel drive is a plus on that hill as well. I have had quite a bit of seet time in a maverick and it does have quite a bit of power and I think it was just spinning them tires digging on the hill. That wildcat was very impressive on this video as well. If I bought one tomorrow think it would have to be the rzr1000 though.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the drag race may also change if they were all on same tires.

who really cares, never really see anyone needing top speed on the trails. well maybe andy lol.

RZR101

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
maybe the drag race may also change if they were all on same tires.

who really cares, never really see anyone needing top speed on the trails. well maybe andy lol.

How did I get pulled into this, I'm selling mine and getting a quad.

Top Bottom