Wild Child steering post relocate

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am considering a Wild child ( or equivalent ) steering post relocate for my 2003 1M any comments ( good , bad , hard to install, worth the money and effort ?).

Cheers

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
worth every cent but a biatch to install :)

gotta cut out the motormount to make it fit

i could explain u everything on the phone way way easier

if u want shoot me a pm

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
CRs worked good for me, you can also relocate your stock one by flipping the mount on top of the hoop.

Zar

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Do you have to hack a piece out of your hiood and lengthen cables ?

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
u have to notch the hood cause the steering post would be in the way when closing

notch required is prob sice of a loonie

Fishtank

Reaction score
CRs worked good for me, you can also relocate your stock one by flipping the mount on top of the hoop.

I need to replace my steering post as well this fall. Mine had the CR one installed when I got it last year and it was super loose. The connection/joint at the base of the post had worn away quite badly.

So far the CR shop in town sells a replacement post for about $180.

Another shop around the corner sells the stock post for $80 I believe (I was thinking $40 for some reason but that sounds way too low)

I am now interested in these WildChild posts, they sound alot stronger. Does anyone know if there is many modifications to be done coming from a sled that had a CR post installed?

Is the CR post that much better than the stock one?

Or would you recommend the WildChild post?

BDF#900

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Save a couple of buck and take it in to CR and see if they will just change the hiem joint on the end. Posts are all similar, it's the relocation thats the benefit.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
the good thing about wildchild is he builds it like u want it

i ordered mine 4" taller and 3" forward plus raisin filled from top to bottom for strength

Fishtank

Reaction score
Save a couple of buck and take it in to CR and see if they will just change the hiem joint on the end. Posts are all similar, it's the relocation thats the benefit.

Nice, I might just do that. Didnt know the joint at the end was interchangeable.

What does everyone mean by relocation exactly? Relocating the position of the handlebars to a more forward position?

Uturn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wildchild makes a great post. And as Fossy said, he will custom build it. He also does a stock mount post, then bends it forward so you don't have to notch the hood. Not quite the same as a forward mount, but way better than stock.

Don't waste your time and money on another stock post!!!!

ZRrrr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Did a Wildchild on my 02 ZR 800. One of the best things I ever did to the sled. Really easy to lean her over and stand up properly. Add a high rise seat for an even better ride position. Love the handling of the old iron now. A lot of fun.

Top Bottom