Wicked day on a Sidewinder!

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Alright, not trying to start anything, just an honest observation I'm having. Test drove a B-TX this past weekend.....power to rip your arms off......big big smile on my face, but it felt fat and heavy. I know the B-TX is a wider ski stance, but was very difficult to lean it over. I'm no toothpick at 6' 235#'s. Was it the ski stance or deeper snow makes it easier to lay it over. I was really gung ho on buying a M-TX, but after that ride, really has me thinking. The snow conditions were not the best, but I have ridden in those before with no problems laying the M on it side.

The B-TX was setup in the middle of the ski, I have no idea what that width is.

40" vs 36", you should try an MTX, the BTX is not the boondocker sled but more a trail style sled.

Andrew.renegade1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey for the guys who own a sidewinder, what psi are you running in your fox floats? Front and rear? My first time having fox shocks so any input is great. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey for the guys who own a sidewinder, what psi are you running in your fox floats? Front and rear? My first time having fox shocks so any input is great. Thanks in advance

You can always adjust them to your need but i usually had mine set on the Nytro at 90psi. The Side Winder i will start at 90PSI and go from there.
When you initially set them, take the weight off with a floor jack, set your pressure and go from there.

kmcl

Reaction score
Alright, not trying to start anything, just an honest observation I'm having. Test drove a B-TX this past weekend.....power to rip your arms off......big big smile on my face, but it felt fat and heavy. I know the B-TX is a wider ski stance, but was very difficult to lean it over. I'm no toothpick at 6' 235#'s. Was it the ski stance or deeper snow makes it easier to lay it over. I was really gung ho on buying a M-TX, but after that ride, really has me thinking. The snow conditions were not the best, but I have ridden in those before with no problems laying the M on it side.

The B-TX was setup in the middle of the ski, I have no idea what that width is.

Btx also has a sway bar which will make it a lot tougher to steer as well

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ready for round 2 tomorrow. Catman10 stretched his out to a 174. So game on tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_1674.jpg
    IMG_1674.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 241
  • IMG_1672.jpg
    IMG_1672.jpg
    132.6 KB · Views: 246

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ready for round 2 tomorrow. Catman10 stretched his out to a 174. So game on tomorrow.

Is Catman10 gonna switch up his name now if he's gonna be on a yammi?

Lund

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Don't forget you guys too give us a report. Curious on the stretched out SW and the extra 50hp.
That 50hp might be a good deal for future up grade.

Oh ya......pics would be nice.

06yamahaapex

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have to say after spending a whole day on the sidewinder iam impressed,its better than I thought it would be.
Great job yammi:beer:

ditto....spring ordered one right after the demo. Only thing I can say bad is that the stock riser is a bit too low for me. How high can a guy go without using longer throttle and brake cables ?

niner

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well Catman10 174 did not disappoint. It climbs sooooo good now. That baker skid is a engineering marvel. Lund you are absolutely going to dominate with your 174. It lost a little of the playfulness but gained way more fun factor in the climbing aspect.
When Paul gets his thread going on his build he can go into a lot more detail of his setup and things he will make improvements on.

Top Bottom