Why so many riders without helmets still?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Is that dirtygirl on the back? she was right, she does ride hard....... but I thought she always wore a helmet..........lol

TheMuffinMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I say if somebody doesn't want to wear a helmet, that's fine. However, should somebody who chooses not to wear one get into a bad wreck that requires an EMS response, too bad. You choose not to be safe, and you choose not to be saved as far as I'm concerned. And it has nothing to do with tax dollars: I don't give a rats azz if you have the best health insurance on the planet and your little ambulance ride doesn't cost me a dime, the fact is you are tying up an emergency service that might be needed elsewhere. You know, for somebody who actually cares about their life? If they won't give liver transplants to alcoholics then they sure as hell shouldn't be giving STARS rides to braindead rednecks who knowingly engage in dangerous activities like ATV riding but can't be bothered to wear the most bare minimum of safety equipment because it makes their head hot. Sorry, but that little kid who was just in a car accident deserves it more.

jdawgtherigpig

Reaction score
i completely agree with helmets...and it doenst matter how fast you go...

i have a family friend that was getting off of his quad and his boot lace got caught on the quad. he tripped fell to the ground and hit his head. 3 weeks in the hospital..he was lucky to survive the docs said.

and he was going so fast. like 0km/hour

but as i have read. to each their own i guess. its your life... but accidents do happen no matter how prepared you are..
i guess he should have double checked his boot laces before standing up or wore velcro.....

BombardierBratz

Reaction score
We wear the gear; helmet, chest protector, boots, gloves, goggles, pants, and jerseys. Not stating this to look down on others, but in my line of work, PPE is paramount. It's not about the known, it's about the UNknown. I would feel like a hypocrate if I was on board with safety in my work life, and not my home life, too. I encourage the gear, but choose to lead by example rather than to preach. For my wife & I, we incorporate the "cool" factor into it. I find if the PPE is astectically pleasing, functional and fun, people will wear it simply because its more convienient, cool, and covers the "what if's". My success just this past weekend quadding with my nephews, they wanted the gear because my wife & I looked "cool" to them, us all in our gear. I have seen accidents while quadding, albeit, a broken arm, but that little guy had all his gear. The handlebars came down on his wrist & chest, breaking his wrist. His chest protector stopped any further injury to him. We bought the same on our next outting. Yes, it is pricey, but what is your price of your life or your kids worth? To each their own. We saw a lady with no helmet with two little kids on her qauad. I did judge, I looked down on her. I did not say anything to her, but it was there. I'm sorry for thinking it, just being honest about my views - your welcome to yours imo! ALWAYS - Safety first!! Have an awesome ride and come home safe!!

Attachments

• DCP_1861.jpg
    DCP_1861.jpg
    289.1 KB · Views: 130
Last edited:

fargineyesore

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I know, the non-sledders say the same thing about people who himark hills in the mountains. I guess you just supported their arguments and there are alot of people on this forum that do the himark thing, but I guess the non-sledders are wrong, since its mountain sledding and we all like to do it. Kind of hypocritical. That "you are using up valuable EMS resources" can apply to a whole lot of activities. I find it comical when people use that argument when it suits their purpose, but not when it doesn't. Too many control freaks on this forum.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Helmet and Teckvest saved my life yesterday. I hate wearing both cause they're hot, but I'm sure glad I had them. Flopped my quad on top of me doing less than 1 kmh....back rack landed right on my head. Shite happens....you guys do what you want. RIP. I'll always wear a helmet! Glad I'm alive to feel the pains in the rest of my body!

:D

Top Bottom