whos the oldest

thegeneral

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My neighbor turned 76 last year and he rode a new Pro. When he was 74 he took his turboed 2006 900 RMK out on the pasture for a little tuning run and piled it up in a drainage ditch and busted ribs and both wrists. one tough S.O.B.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ride with papa veedy quite often. He rips hard still and don't get stuck much. He is well into his 70s and bought a new pro last year. Also we don't use groomed areas around revy. It's all bush riding and trail bashing. Pretty awesome guy to ride with and I sure hope I'm sledding like him in 25 yrs

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You guys be careful. I won't pass around the garlic, lemon prawns......I'm not a day over 50 so I have just been reading and find it interesting.

which side of 50 the uphill or the downhill side. lol

pistonbroke800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode with a guy from Golden named Stu a few times over the years, he's in his late 70's. At the time he was still going out like 100 days a year. Pretty cool guy, he was my buddies grandpa's friend for years.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hooked up with a 76 year old guy from Calgary on a Timbersled/Husaberg snow bike here last winter. Damn could he ride that thing! Thing had a brick for a seat. Don't know how he could stand to ride it like that!

He even let me sit on it!

snow bike.jpg

Last edited:

Sledgirl

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My mother rode her last winter at age 76, put over 6000 miles on a 1994 Polaris Indy 440. Always boondocking, no groomed trails ever. She still would ride if not for my dad's heart condition.

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i could be wrong but i'm thinking ol fernie is the oldest i've seen on a sled, he's older than time! wish i was in the same shape as him, i may have less aches n pains.

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I thought he was older than dirt?
i could be wrong but i'm thinking ol fernie is the oldest i've seen on a sled, he's older than time! wish i was in the same shape as him, i may have less aches n pains.

frock

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My Dad is 74 in 2 weeks and he still hooks up the skimmer and heads out to the mountains in Northwest BC all around Dease Lake. Not just for the day either, they go out for a week at a time sometimes a full days ride one way. He's one tough hombre and my hero, not many of these guys left.

finkous

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cpl of friends and me had the pleasure of meeting up and riding a bit with Dennis Blakeman and his wife up at belle mtn a cpl years ago, he was 79 then. He told us he was the alberta snowmobile president back in 1972... His stories of his yrs of riding all over western Canada were soo intriguing that we ended up buying him and his wife dinner that night.

tantrumpipeline

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddies dad is 63 still rides with us and although he's starting to calm down a little bit he's still full off the same a d d we all have when you see snow without tracks in it, he doesn't hesitate to steal the first pull or attend the first line through the trees, and at the end of last season we ran I to a group with two guys in their early 70's one with a king cat 900 and the other with a hijacked 1100turbo and they had made some good pulls to get to the riding area, I hope like hell at 70 I'm still able to mountain ride

Top Bottom