whos the oldest

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whos the oldest guy or women u have riden with I'm 55 but two other guys I had a chance to ride with were 67 at sparwood and the second guy was 74 at trout lake a year ago

Dazzler

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother inlaws neighbor ( in Cherryville BC) sold his trapline last fall but still gets out on his sled on a regular basis, as he still breaks trail to all the local towers in his area and cleans the snow off of the solar panels after a snow storm, He is in his 80's (I believe 83 this year), should someone report any sledders in the area missing, he leads the search and rescue party... the old boy is in very good shape and looks better than most 65 year olds!!

Ancient Sledder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
A couple of years ago we were riding the back side of Powder King and met two brothers. They were 75 and 77, I believe. Still riding in the mountains. Incredible.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Bet we are either banned or your riding a Poo in your avatar tomorrow morning. Lmao!!

If you were on a Poo or a Cat, you'd be able to keep up there. Young fella :D

Last edited:

kootenaycat

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm always the oldest guy in my group, damn. :D

Buddies Grandfather went out sledding and quadding right to the end in his early 80's, 82 I think. Passed away from cancer a few years back but he rode as much as he could and was solo lots, grew up in the wilderness by himself and loved to be outdoors. We met an old timer at Meadow Mtn in '96 who was 67 then, showed up at the parking lot by himself and asked if one of us could give him a hand unloading his Phazer. Said he rode Meadow all the time by himself!

takethebounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The best part of this, is that the both of you ride "DOO'S" :rolling:

Thanks for coming out:beer: :beer: :D

Haha that being said I guess that means just because you are older doesn't mean you are wiser! :)

I don't mind riding with old guys, makes me feel good when they are complaing about being sore the following day. Doesn't make me feel good if they make me look bad. As far as the oldest guys who I ride with goes, well I would hate to say FernieSnow but we haven't picked on him yet!

tnt-salvage

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well i would have to say the oldest guys i have rode with would be my grandfather and his ridding buddy. gramps is 76 or 77 and his buddy is 5 or 6 years older then him. some of you may know them cliff schmidt and jimmy moore. cliff was riding a 08 turbo nyrto 2 years ago and he also built the sled i own now 07 xrs known as old yellow. now he rides a 2010 xp with the 880 bikeman kit and 163 camo extreme 3" with the ezryde skid. jimmy has a 2012 etec i beleive he went down the hill last year and was airlifted out if you herd? jimmy is from salmon arm cliff is from armstrong

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Haha that being said I guess that means just because you are older doesn't mean you are wiser! :)

I don't mind riding with old guys, makes me feel good when they are complaing about being sore the following day. Doesn't make me feel good if they make me look bad. As far as the oldest guys who I ride with goes, well I would hate to say FernieSnow but we haven't picked on him yet!
Sounds good Otb. He's in bed now so we can talk all we want about him. Lol.

kjb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My dad is 75 and loves gettin out on his sled and exploring the mountains he grew up in. He didn't get his first sled until he was 69. A local trapper is in his 80s and still rides. I hope I am still riding at that age.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Sounds good Otb. He's in bed now so we can talk all we want about him. Lol.

You guys be careful. I won't pass around the garlic, lemon prawns......I'm not a day over 50 so I have just been reading and find it interesting.

Top Bottom