who would be interested in some XC racing?

adrian450

Reaction score
that sounds like a sweet time. where abouts are you looking for this around edmonton area or somewhere else?

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Rocky MT. House ( dump ) has a shitload of tight trails , hills and is all sand . It would be a perfect place .:)

adrian450

Reaction score
how far is rockey mountian house from edmonton i would like to get in on some raceing so lets set it up

RhinoWhino

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rocky is about 45 min. west of red deer on # 11. The dump is the third left after you cross the North Sask. river.You follow the lease road in you will see the trails all over the place. I might go check it out on Friday.

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
hey sounds great and its pretty much between calgary and edmonton so everyone can be included. good idea! after you check it out, id like to hear more. if its too busy though it wont be a good place, let us know. thanks!!
shane

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey sounds great and its pretty much between calgary and edmonton so everyone can be included. good idea! after you check it out, id like to hear more. if its too busy though it wont be a good place, let us know. thanks!!
shane

Is this race happening? what does a guy need to do to sign up?

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Also, I think Vega would be a good place to have an XC race, I was out there last year when some dirtbikers were having one. there is no set course obviously but I think we could figure one out.

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
well as far as i know this is all hypothetical right now, trying i guess, to see how many people would be interested. there seems to be a good number, so that is i guess step 1, step 2 i guess would be to find a place suitable, does anyone know if there is any rules for marking out a track other than making sure to remove all the markers after? not sure but i guess a third step might be to have some basic rules to keep everything civil?

no matter what this will be just an informal race for everyone to have some fun etc.

for my part, i wont be ready for another month yet, before this economy blow out i had a sweet deal, there was a site pretty much across the street from where i live! no gas, parking, driving etc to worry about. thats pretty sweet. oh well. i think maybe ill try to get a part time job till some construction starts again. ei now allows you to make, i think, 600bucks extra without penalty.

that dont mean that everyone else cant get together though! id sure like to read about some fun race stories etc.

anyone have any ideas how to get this going more? maybe another thread to poll who is down for this and where to go? anyone, feel free to run with this.

Jimbow007

Reaction score
I'd be interested in a novice class (new rider). I have a 350 Banshee with a few mods. I'm also sure my son would like to come out.

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'm down! I really need to race this thing.

S6302425.jpg

drewski

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
never mind. I just realized this thread was dug up from the dead. It would be great to have XC racing though. I guess I'll have to stud my tires and try ice racing this cold a** winter.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Im sure if people were interested we could set something up in august. I know we are spending 5 days in vega and there are a lot of hare scrambles out there. Could follow their markings even...

codey525

Reaction score
I know this was a thread from the past, but according to all the posts with interested in XC racing there are enough people to get a event like this going with out a doubt. As i am only new to the area i dont know any of the above mentioned riding areas. But if somone with more knowledge of the areas, and in a better position to get something like this on the go then i think it would be a success.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well ill be in vega (about 90 mins from edmonton) from the aug 12-15th (thurs to sun)Campin and riding. If theres interest im sure we could set something up for sat. Lots of ground to cover, great camping spots and not that far from edmonton. I throw up a thread with map and some info and go from there i guess.

codey525

Reaction score
I got a feeling that would be to quick for a lot of people. I would say there are alot of people that eirther have to work or have plans at that time already. Late August to early September would seem a reasonable amount of time for people interested to plan for something like this? Anyone have imput on this, seems to only be Ushkie, drewski and myslef still interested.

Ushkie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ya being that im shift work i have that weekend off and the one after but the gf is going away on a 10 day hike on my second weekend off so you know what they say about supervision leaving lol. The next weekends off are the second and third weekend of sept.

Top Bottom