who would be interested in some XC racing?

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
since there are no official xc races in alberta or even with 1000km of here, who would like to meet up and hold our own? im in the middle of my rebuild but would be ready by spring (mid april).
4x4 and 2x4 classes, all open cc, could be fun. anyway just a thought:)

ghglenn

Reaction score
I would be interested for sure. I think the AOTMX has a XC race here in Edmonton area?

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know a sh#t load of guys that would be interested mainly in the 4x4 class we all got modded 4bys

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i know a sh#t load of guys that would be interested mainly in the 4x4 class we all got modded 4bys

You would get a hell of a turn out with that and some mud pits.And some4x4 quad drags ,if you could get all this in a weekend you will overrun the place.
Need to tie it in to Darwell tractor pulls or a simalar event.It would get huge support in our area.... Interested anyone?????

MADPOW

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
since there are no official xc races in alberta or even with 1000km of here, who would like to meet up and hold our own? im in the middle of my rebuild but would be ready by spring (mid april).
4x4 and 2x4 classes, all open cc, could be fun. anyway just a thought:)

Oh yeah I know peeps that would love it, including myself!! anything involving good old ADRENALINE man and its on!!!!....lets do this shiat! :d

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
not so sure about drags and mud bogs, there seems to be enough of that as it is. im talking XC like the gncc series, tight trails, hills, etc. if we get enough guys who would commit to this, we could prob get a real event going. there is a post in the dirtbike events forum by Rocky Mountain House Motorcycle Club, silver fox thinks that there could be some promise to the idea. anyone with interest in this lets all email him.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I would be seriously interested if my quad doesn't sell. or if it does sell will there be a 4x4 class for something like a 500 scrambler? would love to go race!

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't have any race experience but would be interested in racing amature XC as long as the quads were reletively equil. If one guy is on a Honda 400EX and the next guy is on a $15000+ race built 450 then it takes away from the competition.

For the guys who would be interest in 2wd XC what kind of quads are you running?

I'm on a stock Can Am 450 with aftermarket intake+exhaust.

cobbycat

Reaction score
I don't have any race experience but would be interested in racing amature XC as long as the quads were reletively equil. If one guy is on a Honda 400EX and the next guy is on a $15000+ race built 450 then it takes away from the competition.

For the guys who would be interest in 2wd XC what kind of quads are you running?

my ride is one of those with about $35000 thrown at it.
Yamaha banshee with 404 big-bore, serious suspension and a wide stance.

mb1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I would think having a few different classes would solve most of that. I wouldn't mind racing once I get a quad, but for me the lack of seat time would hinder me more than a stock machine. IMO most of the new 450's are far more capable than most of the riders out there.

Foxstar45

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would think having a few different classes would solve most of that. I wouldn't mind racing once I get a quad, but for me the lack of seat time would hinder me more than a stock machine. IMO most of the new 450's are far more capable than most of the riders out there.

Agreed, I don't have a ton of experience but again if we had a begginner class with about 8-12 guys (might be tough) I think it would be a lot of fun. Where are these hypothetical races at?

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
im a noob to this as well, and i only have a ltz400, but i fear no big bore, with the way my z should handle this year with my "new" suspension i should be able to hold my own, if i can swing an engine upgrade to 440 even better. the 400's should never bow down as maybe they arent "winners" but their placings in gncc prove that they are not dogs either.

who knows where these should be, im just throwing ideas out there as so many atv events are meant for families or for bb4x4's. i think that we could scope out some spots with some good tight trails run through with some ribbons and bang we start a race? everything should be kept very friendly, help each other out, if someone goes down stop to help. i dont care personally if i get 1st or 10th, just want to race and have fun.

insaneZ400shane

Reaction score
no seriously though, i think that it wouild come down to just an all out open class, and hell if i had a ds450 or a trail modded banshee id be confident as all get out.

to make it more fun we could all chip in $20bucks and winner takes all. we all sign a simple waiver so that the "organizers" cant be sued in the event of something unfortunate.

my bike wont be ready by mid april as i lost my job, but its coming together. we would need someone who is familiar with some riding areas as so far im only familiar with some of the areas around sundre/red deer river. have to find "out of the way" spots so that we dont ruin anyone else's good times on the trails. i would def be up to marking out some spots and organizing some stuff if i had help.

Top Bottom