Who made it to the mountains this weekend?

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
I had the pleasure of touring a dude from SnowTrails TV (out of Michigan) around Fernie for the last 5 days. Awesome blue bird for filming but never found any "over the hood powder" and I didn't really expect to. Found lots of untracked for his footage. Lots of families were out on Saturday for the Easter Bunny ride so he has footage with vintage sleds (an early 1970 John Deere with a 5-6 year old driving it....that was worth more than a picture!), lots of children and ladies.

The finished product will be aired in the fall or early winter. Don't know how we will get it but i'll let everyone know when it comes out.

pipes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Rode Lucille Friday. Trail in was excellent. Not many people there so the ride out was just as good. Conditions in Lucille were as expected for this time of year. Two days at the Renshaw. Trail in and out in good condition. snow conditions are as expected for this time of year.

Modman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Good for you willy, you're my hero!!!!!!!

What's it like to be the only one that thinks they live in the mountains.... because you sure act like it.:loser:

Haha - don't worry, Willy's full of chit. Sister and mom took the kids skiing and it was 12C at the ski hill and 19 in town, Willy wasn't riding anything except slush like the rest of the country. its suposed to be in the high teens and low 20s this week, he won't have much of a snowpack to ride on soon. He'll have to come east to find snow.....LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ran into him and T-team at service station on Sunday, not sure where they rode Saturday but it sure looked like it was hard on them based on how they looked Sunday....lol.

yes it was the snowmobiling that was hard on us................LOL

rode friday saturday. snow was terrible but we found some and had a good time. weather was nice

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score
Rode Lucille Friday. Trail in was excellent. Not many people there so the ride out was just as good. Conditions in Lucille were as expected for this time of year. Two days at the Renshaw. Trail in and out in good condition. snow conditions are as expected for this time of year.

you made it all the way up Lucille with no accidents this year?

T-team

"big deal"
Reaction score
yes it was the snowmobiling that was hard on us................LOL

rode friday saturday. snow was terrible but we found some and had a good time. weather was nice

We went snowmobiling?

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Blue river................ Trails were glass smooth -- well done blue river snowmobile club -- like sbr said we did salmon and groundhog(east/west)..... Was good. About 6" soft on top of packed..... Some good pockets of untouched found, and it was good!!! Good spring riding conditions, as it was up to 15*c in bluebird skys. Even butterflies were out and about up in the alpine :)

SledMamma

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I took my brother to my playground for his first and last ride of the year. I always love taking my little brothers up to the mountains, even tho they aren't little anymore. It's the one place where we still have everything in common...

The temps were in the double digits and the snow, unlike the weekend before, was uber settled and crusty. The blue skies prevailed and we toured EVERYWHERE- put on 150+ Kms and gave him the grand tour ;) It was a fun day and he was in bed by 8pm even tho I did all the work digging his sled out of a snow bank to go, fueling, loading, driving, unloading, unpacking and making lunch!! Poor baby: I guess he should ride more ;)

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364833998.112574.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364834037.702849.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364834058.991673.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1364834075.873138.jpg http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?feature=plcp&v=NoaUefCL3eM

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well......I live in the mountains, but unlike Willy I actually get out in them. :rolleyes:

Lumberton outside Cranbrook was about the same as everywhere I imagine. Typical spring conditions. Lots of sunshine. Had to watch out for the odd patch of "Slurpee" snow. I failed at that unfortunately!

m7.jpg

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
friday we hit Gorman in golden,,, good day hard to find any fluff, some big stuff yet to come down, got back to east quartz lake
cultures.jpg

gormanmar29out.jpg

gormanmar29.jpg

gormanmar29bak.jpg

snow started at the trail head... I assume it will melt pretty quick it was thin half way up

gormanmar29stage.jpg

more to come :)

saskcat

Reaction score
Road 4 days at blue river and thanks to digger at blue river sledz found some great snow for this time of year. Learned more about tree riding this weekend than all my previous trips combined.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk 2

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we hit castle mountain in good old alberta this saturday,, well half the day in laberta lol,,, good day got nice and soft some creeks are starting we went BC and all the way around thru sopar crotch.. some sweet vid to come

getting ready to sendy
joelcornice.jpg

some creeks to cross
castle.jpg

Corey's climb went sideways but the tree saved him :)
coreytree.jpg

nice lil drop
drop.jpg

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Road 4 days at blue river and thanks to digger at blue river sledz found some great snow for this time of year. Learned more about tree riding this weekend than all my previous trips combined.

Black trailer with new don't in the side....right?

saskcat

Reaction score
No but did ride in and out of hg with them on sat.

Top Bottom