Who has ridden Rocky Point and wants to share ??? :)

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Its down towards Raduim,,, In the Boogaboos. You'd most likely never find it with out being shown.

oler1234

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just as mentioned. You hit cmh lodge you have gone to far. Rocky point is the easiest and can lead into kain and warren areas. There is a little of everything. High risk unless you know where to go. Elevation is 3500 to 10500. Good place for a turbo, some big pulls up in there. Riding past the lodge is after heli season and there are any areas to hit. Not sure if tou can ride tithe lodge for a meal still.

gregg41306

Reaction score
Go south of golden to brisco and turn west on brisco rd. Follow the road and you will come to a "Y" in the road. (can't remember the names on the signs at the intersection). take a left. At about km 8 brisco rd turns into bugaboo rd. You will park at km 8 on bugaboo rd. you will continue down the road on sled and eventually take a right. I believe there is a sign that is showing the direction to the bugaboos lodge. Just follow that sign. Eventually on your right you come to a wooden sign that I believe says rocky point recreation trail. take a right on that trail and follow it to the alpine.

We were in there last year about this time and was great.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Neat little riding area…superb scenery on the ridge side. :) It earned it's name…just sayin. You cross a few big avy paths that cross the main Bugaboo road pretty much each year, then when you leave the main road you head up a narrower switchbacky trail…it can be sketchy or it can be super sweet, never know until you get there usually. lol. You cross 4 or 5 more avy paths, many of these rip out pretty big and you cross kinda mid avy…if you hit it right after you usually can't cross, if you get some snow you might have to dig a path or make one…don't take a new rider in there, if you don't make these crossings you'll end up down in the weeds, literally.:p Trail can be super slick in the Spring, kind of a rodeo both up and down. Most of the area in here is fairly open, and avy danger varies, there's some tree riding and some climbs..some decent little jumps and drops. There's a sign along the road where you turn up into the riding area. Drive from Brisco until you can't drive any further, then park. Usually at the Cartwright Lk turnoff. (Leadqueen) You can come with us sometime we keep an eye on that area and bust a move when it looks good. :)

ducati

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Little late to reply to this one but figured i would throw in my $.02

Went in last year around mid Feb or early March i believe. We had a 4 place 28' instead of the deck that weekend and ended up just parking at the Y off the Westside road, we did drive up the Bugaboo about 2km but the road had a lot of snow on it and we were very close to stuck so ended up backing out the 2km (no place to turn around with the trailer). Found out on the ride in that it was a good thing we stopped since there were 3 or 4 other trucks another 2km down the road planted for most of the day. Long ride in but once we were in it was nice riding, fairly small area but when nobody else is there 4 guys can play in a small place for a day.

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
road is plowed with ice spots in the am and mud spots in the pm to 12km on bugaboo fsr, big parking area plowed just before going downhill.
trail is getting whooped, 1 big slide around 25km and 3 more on rocky point trail.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kinda surprised only the one slide has come down on the road…the big bastard still hasn't come down. Each year they are usually all down by now…this year they're looming. Knowing how low the coverage is up Catamount, or any mountain top passes I would expect Rocky Point to earn it's name this year. :p

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
unnamed.jpg
unnamed (2).jpg

pano-dude

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
not sure you'll get in or out of there. it looked really thin at the exit of kain and getting in was all rock when we were in there a few weeks ago.

Top Bottom