Who fixes dented pipes/Calgary

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have found that it doesn't matter if you plug the ends or not. Once you fill it with water and put it in the deep freeze, the water in the smaller part of the pipe will freeze solid first creating their own plugs. Once the larger portion of the pipe starts to freeze the expansion of the ice will remove the dent and split the pipe if not Removed right away. I then put the pipe in the bath tub to thaw. I have never done a sled exhaust but it would work the same way as a bike I'm sure. I have no idea why you would wrap a towel around it??

maybe to save a step in the drying off, after washin in the bathtub:d

SUMMIT TREE

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Could do it the same way you do Headers....air pressure and a torch....pressure it up and heat the area...no big deal....

yep ive seen this method work on a pipe for a dirt bike, sure it'll work on a sled......However sounds like a good excuse to buy an aftermarket pipe to me!!

Snow Rodeo

Reaction score
the parrot comment was a little ridiculous, I had a few whiskey's and was talking out of my arse. (i'm terrible at this foruming thing, I'm much better in the flesh).
I filled the pipe half way up (about 3"s above the dent) so that the whole goose neck portion of the pipe was full of water, I placed it outside standing upright on top of the dent for about 24 hours in -15 weather and nothing happened. I wrapped a towel around it but did not close the ends as I thought the same thing...that it would freeze solid on the ends and seal up. Now that I have a new pipe I'll give it a couple more tries.

sumx54

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.absoluteadventure.ca
the parrot comment was a little ridiculous, I had a few whiskey's and was talking out of my arse. (i'm terrible at this foruming thing, I'm much better in the flesh).
I filled the pipe half way up (about 3"s above the dent) so that the whole goose neck portion of the pipe was full of water, I placed it outside standing upright on top of the dent for about 24 hours in -15 weather and nothing happened. I wrapped a towel around it but did not close the ends as I thought the same thing...that it would freeze solid on the ends and seal up. Now that I have a new pipe I'll give it a couple more tries.
Fill that sumbitch right up. Throw it outside over night and post pictures of that mess tomorrow. Lol

flabbajabba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

I just had a question about the nothing happened? was the water froze solid? If it wasn't it wasn't cold enough or long enough outside. I like the deep freeze because you can check the pipe every time you get ice for your drink:drink4:

Top Bottom