Whitecourt

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
8 of us went from the Athabasca River west of Whitecourt on the Manweiller trail to Gundy cabin clearing trail yesterday. Lots of willows and leaners again. 7 hours to clear 25km of trail that was already cleaned this fall.... Now ready for the groomer.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score
8 of us went from the Athabasca River west of Whitecourt on the Manweiller trail to Gundy cabin clearing trail yesterday. Lots of willows and leaners again. 7 hours to clear 25km of trail that was already cleaned this fall.... Now ready for the groomer.

Thanks for the hard work and huge area and trails your club offers. You are doing a standup job to snowmobiling in Alberta

Sleeper700

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I am assuming this weekend was pretty detrimental to the snow around whitecourt? I have no snow left in my yard, just outside of Calmar.

Sent from my SGH-I747M using Tapatalk

Danny-Boy

Reaction score
I was out on Saturday. 4 of us went past whitecourt to virgina hills road. Played around in there all day found 2-3 feet of snow and since it was so warm out the snow was soft. We had no issues with 4 long track mountain sleds finding good snow. We hit one cut block that had stumps so we turned around. Overall a great day of sledding. Was not expecting that snow.

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Huge snow lost, i know i wont be riding around here until we get another foot or more, looking pretty hurtin for the snowmobile invasion

Sent from my iPhone because I'm sledding or to lazy to get off the couch

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The clubs annual Media Ride was yesterday and I was very surprised at the good condition the trails were in after the recent spring like conditions. Off trail snow has a fairly heavy crust on it or if already ridden on, it's rock hard. We only received about an inch of the four that was forecasted yesterday so we are definitely hoping for more snow in the next two weeks before the Invasion weekend.

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Crossing the Athabasca today. photo 1.JPG

Attachments

• photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 355

old mountain man

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not to worry. We always check the ice before crossing. You do pay attention crossing about 50' from a fast moving piece of open water!

Reaction score
Pray for snow for the Sled invasion ! we were up 2 weekends ago and had a blast lots of untouched pipelines. I heard it rained recently ? Wasnt there a snowfall warning over this past weekend ?

Tchetek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Unloaded near silver summit Saturday feb 7,

6" of fresh from Thursday's dump on top of the thick crust,

can find places to get stuck nutt deep, but really need more snow to lay down fresh turns!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 444

TylerG

Super Mod Geek
Administrator
Reaction score

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Trails are excellent. Groomers have been working overtime to prepare for the Snowmobile invasion. Unlike past years where we run one loop Friday and a different on Saturday, both North and South loops are going to be run both days in anticipation of a larger number of sleds participating this year.
they will both be groomed after the rally Saturday. This does mean that there won't be really be much in the way of unused trails available for those not participating in the rally until later in the day.

kabcan

Reaction score
How's the trail conditions left after the big world record invasion? Also are there any ASA passes left? We are coming mid week for riding. Last year we came after family day (freezing freaking cold) and no passes left. I feel bad for not paying to ride the awesome groomed trails you provide.

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There are passes available at IGA. The trails are pretty wooped out but I'm sure the groomers will be out in the next few days. The trail from eagle river staging area towards the Gundy cabin was not used as a rally route so it should still be in good condition.

Last edited:

slednek

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How is it looking up there. Anything left after the warm weather. looking to get out for some seat time on the new sp.

Top Bottom