whitecourt conditions

brew_doo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Conditions were awesome on saturday.... Started at the eagle river staging area and rode to the Gundy cabin, then left on the Summit trail.... 150 km's and back at the truck at 7pm.

heres a short video...

I met you guys at the Gundy Cabin Duck... that was I on the 163" Summit, riding alone. She was a beauty day to be out for sure.

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Thats right Chet.....It was nice to meet you, and we took the new trail (Summit) that you mentioned.....no problem getting through the culverts as shown on the video....

cheers

Rob

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Heading to swan hills tomorow... should be there for around 10:30

Question
What does wife hear when I ask....take off the hitch lock from the sled trailer so you have a way to lock the horse trailer at the clinic she was going to....

Answer......blah blah blah blah....she didn't and she had the keys so we couldnt go sledding any where,.....tried in our fields and ditches by the farm, weirdest sledding Ive ever done....

Oh well it's one off the list.... apparently theres a list and I owe her...

So she screws up and I owe her...hmm hmm.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gates at the Eagle river Staging area are closed for the Season. If you are out and about, watch creek crossings, ice is rotting quickly and there is lots of overflow.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
TRAILS CLOSED
The snowmobile trails are officially closed. Trailblazers year-end party and meeting is Wednesday, April 13 at 7:30 at Roadhouse upstairs. The club needs your input to continue to improve so plan to attend. Thanks for making it a great season!

duck

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Mitch, I would just like to say a big thanks for all the work you and your people do on those trails. It was very nice to ride great trails and stop for lunch's at those gorgeous cabins....

cheers :beer::beer::beer:

Duck

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mitch, I would just like to say a big thanks for all the work you and your people do on those trails. It was very nice to ride great trails and stop for lunch's at those gorgeous cabins....

cheers :beer::beer::beer:

Duck

Thanks Duck, we have a pretty great volunteer base and incredible support from our town and county governments. Glad you enjoyed your ride.

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey is there any snow left for riding up there or is it melting just as quick as down here? Buying a new sled today, as I feel it is a hell of a deal. Would like to try it out.

powderbasher

Reaction score
Hey is there any snow left for riding up there or is it melting just as quick as down here? Buying a new sled today, as I feel it is a hell of a deal. Would like to try it out.

Going out sledding after lunch, took these just for u :d Will take a few more when i go out. Still lots of snow in the sheltered areas, cutlines, especially east west lines.

Attachments

• IMG_0505.jpg
    IMG_0505.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 108
  • IMG_0506.jpg
    IMG_0506.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 109

powderbasher

Reaction score

Was out for a few hrs, lots of snow, but all soft, knee deep anyways, trenching bad unless u got lots of speed, was glad to hit some tracks , the sled had a good work out and so did i.Never got stuck but very close, when i had to go slow in the trees breaking trail.
#3 pic is the trail blazers trail, last 2 pics are the same line but close to a month apart, still lots of time for sledding

Attachments

• IMG_0507.jpg
    IMG_0507.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0508.jpg
    IMG_0508.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0510.jpg
    IMG_0510.jpg
    73.2 KB · Views: 105
  • IMG_0509.jpg
    IMG_0509.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_0430.jpg
    IMG_0430.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 113

powderbasher

Reaction score
TRAILS CLOSED
The snowmobile trails are officially closed. Trailblazers year-end party and meeting is Wednesday, April 13 at 7:30 at Roadhouse upstairs. The club needs your input to continue to improve so plan to attend. Thanks for making it a great season!

Not exactly sure what u mean "TRAILS CLOSED" could u elaborate, so people do not get the wrong idea. STORE CLOSED, CAN NOT USE IT? Just wondering :) Thanks

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not exactly sure what u mean "TRAILS CLOSED" could u elaborate, so people do not get the wrong idea. STORE CLOSED, CAN NOT USE IT? Just wondering :) Thanks

Staging area gates are locked, conditions are deemed unsafe enough (Creek and river crossings, etc.) that the club no longer recommends using the trails. Of course you are all adults and are free to make the decision wether to ride or not yourselves.

Sledderglen

Super Moderator
Reaction score

Staging area gates are locked, conditions are deemed unsafe enough (Creek and river crossings, etc.) that the club no longer recommends using the trails. Of course you are all adults and are free to make the decision wether to ride or not yourselves.

Just dont complain about the trails if they are rough or you get into trouble along the way and try to put the problem onto the club. Club has stated they are closed and if you use them your on your own. Just saying

powderbasher

Reaction score
hmm i wonder how much we are going to get, there is a snow fall warning for wct. took picture after work this morning :beer:

Attachments

• IMG_0511.jpg
    IMG_0511.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 172

powderbasher

Reaction score
Bout 5 inches of fresh so far, still coming down hard,
Sledding perhaps fri :d

Attachments

• IMG_0515.jpg
    IMG_0515.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 156

kbrunlees

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta new toy would really like to try it out all my friends think I did a snowdance to try it out which would be bloody amazing cuz I don't dance(not sober anyway) Think there will be anything left for sunday??:Snowmobile1:

Top Bottom