Whitecourt area question

XanderKane

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm local in whitecourt for a few years now and last season we headed into Virginia hills (when we couldn't make it to valemount)early January and found unreal chest deep snow conditions. Our only issue was finding a location to unload and not be in anyone's way on the lease sites. First time out it took us a while to find a location almost 60km down the VH Road. We parked and unloaded by a pumper and it was endless deep cut lines. Second time out we went up hwy 32 north and turns left at the 36km marker parked about 2km to the left near a pump house and found the nearest cut line. Last ride of the year we went up hwy 43 to VH Road and parked a few km on the left and took the trail out.

I'm looking for other's experience with riding in VH. Where did you park and unload and where was the best launch site for deep cut line snow?

tmo1620

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I usually just unload at the rest area to the west of VH road on highway 43, when the snow isnt all tracked up that is. Its in between VH and Eagle Tower road. I usually ride north from there to like your saying never ending cutlines and powerlines. When the snow is tracked I go elsewhere. Im never in anybodys way and I dont have to tow the enclosed down those $hitty roads more than I have to. There also is a nice parking area at the Sakwatamau River bridge on VH road, I sometimes park there when there has been little fresh snow fall

Last edited:

XanderKane

Reaction score
Thx Tmo. I was using google earth a while ago and realized the truck stop 1.5km west or VH was perfect as well. Where is this Sakwatamau river bridge you speak of? How far down in VH?

Top Bottom