white fish montana

papajake

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is a good motel in whitefish to stay going there for 4 days to sled don't need the hilton just something clean and reasonable

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
where is a good motel in whitefish to stay going there for 4 days to sled don't need the hilton just something clean and reasonable

I've stayed at Grouse Mountain Lodge a couple of times. They have a restaurant, two outdoor hot tubs, an indoor pool and it's always been clean when I've been there. It's also on the west side of town, closer to the Grave Creek snowmobile area.

maierch

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How far is it to Grave Creek...I "think" we may be headed that way beginning of January.

It's roughly 31 Miles west. Here's a link to a brochure about the snowmobiling areas in the Flathead Valley. Canyon Creek is also a nice family type ride. You can actually ride right up to the Lodge at the top of the ski hill and have lunch

enis750

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
when you going?
friend of mine is going to ski at xmas, and they arent even open yet i dont think.....
warm weather and lack of snow

just a heads up

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We stay at the Best Western Rocky Mountain Lodge in Whitefish. Usually lots of room in the back to park a truck and trailer.

gads91

Reaction score
is this sledding back country? We are looking to go down this winter and see what it is like. We are looking for riding like we would find in the back country here and can't seem to find anything on back country riding down there>

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can sled up the backside of the ski hill, they have a special area where you can park your sleds and go into the summit chalet for a bite to eat, which I though was very cool.

Sent from my iPad

C of Red

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've only riden once in Whitefish any it was ok, I'd recommend travelling to Seeley Lake as a daytrip. It's on the east side of Flathead. Whitefish usually struggles for snow from what I recall but it's kind of cool meeting up with your friends who are skiing up top like someone mentioned above.

SKDeuce

Reaction score
We rode there a few days last year. We staged at the canyon creek staging area north of Columbia Falls. Probably would have been better if there was snow but there's some decent areas to ride. Lunch at the chalet is definitely a perk.

Pic from radio tower next to ski hill:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score
We found the Best Western a good place. The one draw back, if I remember correctly, was that you had to drive for eating places. Didn't seem to be much within walking distance.

alberta60

Reaction score
The Downtowner Inn is decently clean, cheap (~$90/night iirc), has an outdoor hot tub and is the place to stay if you plan on partying at night, since its only a block from all the great restaurants and bars on Central Avenue. Amazing night life for a smaller town, hands down better than Fernie, Banff, Jasper etc. Bulldog Saloon (accepts canadian $ at par, $2 PBR tallboys), Great Northern, and Casey's all get pretty rowdy any night of the week. The Lodge at Whitefish Lake is quite a way from downtown but very nice rooms for $200ish. I haven't gone sledding down there yet (planning to this december) but we've been going skiing/snowboarding down there 1-2 times per winter for 10 years and its always a blast. We usually get 6-8 people together and rent a cabin or condo right on the ski hill, some great values there.

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We found the Best Western a good place. The one draw back, if I remember correctly, was that you had to drive for eating places. Didn't seem to be much within walking distance.

Just use the hotel shuttle. They'll take you anywhere in town.

Top Bottom