Which one would you pick

jwood99

Reaction score

polaris011

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
the durm is a sweet truck will be way better for towing problem is almost 400000 is a lot i dont care what anyone says ... so you may end up having more motor issues in the future ..
the ford i couldnt gete back to the ad but i do know those things are pigs on fuel especially when you get a trailer on it

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I sell you my 06 f350 diesel 4 door I got my 2012 and the 06 needs to go, if interested pm me. I would take mine before the v10 any day.....

mach123

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
DSCN2374.jpg That was a few months ago and after I did a 9000 km trip east in august so now it has 217,000km, it is park under the snow but can be view anytime......

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd flip a coin. The duramax is the better truck But has alot of KMs. Some guys wouldn't mind this BUT. The ford will suck the gas down but will be more reliable IMO.

Guys out there have way over 500000 on the Duramax engines

Stompin Tom

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would vote for neither. To many miles on the Duramax and the V10, well, just run!

AreWeThereYet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd flip a coin. The duramax is the better truck But has alot of KMs. Some guys wouldn't mind this BUT. The ford will suck the gas down but will be more reliable IMO.

Guys out there have way over 500000 on the Duramax engines

Mileage VERSUS engine hours is like comparing apples and hand grenades, it could have low engine hours and still be a sound truck. Or it could have idled all it's like in between highway trips

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Mileage VERSUS engine hours is like comparing apples and hand grenades, it could have low engine hours and still be a sound truck. Or it could have idled all it's like in between highway trips

Very true but you can check engine hour in relation to mileage on Chev cant you? That Chev should have some where around 7000 HRS? One of my highway tractors has 28000 hours and 1780000 KMS this truck drove up and down the states highway for part of its life and then we took it off. I wouldn't buy someones work truck that idled at the work sight I agree.

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My brother inlaw just bought 2 6.0L fords I begged him not to. I have had 3 of them and unless you do the bulletproofing they will break you.

Patman

Reaction score
I think your best foundation for the right truck should start with what you are going to use it for MOST of the time? My last diesel gave me 8 good years of service and I tow quite a bit (sometimes a tad over the spec limits). I paid $8k over regualar maintenance due to Ford`s 6.0 short comings but everything else was fine. If it is a daily runner, (consider fuel economy. If it is a work horse, diesel might be your answer. It is tough to find a good used diesel that has not been chipped and often compromised. My experience is someone who has had it since new for five years or more and has looked after it. The gas units are much better if you can afford the newer ones. 1. Purpose 2. Budget 3. Bling and luxuries

Hope my two cents helps?

Cheers,:ramsfan_small:
Patman

Top Bottom