which one to buy?

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just looking for some advice, I am in the market to buy a new sled. I am interested in the HCR, Snow Pro, or standard M8. Thoughts?

Don't try to sway me on a Doo or a Polaris.:nono: My mind is already made up!

jbb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
how about a yamaha then? lol

funtimes

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
HCR....wicked sled....

why????? what makes it better...... I need someone or a couple of peeps to tell me why one is better then the other...

as much as i want a HCR.. why is it better than a SP ?????

Junior Highmark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The Models

As mentioned, Arctic Cat offers three M8 models: M8, Sno Pro and HCR. The M8, known as “Standard,” can be purchased as a 153 or 162. Likewise, the Sno Pro comes in the 153 and 162 lengths. These two share the same 80-durometer track, seat, ergos, front suspension, rear skid and ski width. The difference between the two lies in shock packages, handlebars and gauges. Up front the Sno Pro uses Fox Float Air. The M8 uses FOX Zero Pro gas internal floating piston (IFP) shocks. The Sno Pro receives the multi-positioning telescoping handlebars. The M8 does not. The Sno Pro has a deluxe instrument pod that displays altitude, temperature, vital engine stats along with speedo, tach and trip meter. The M8 uses the same instrument gauge of yore – tach, speedo and trip meter only. Ski stance for both is an adjustable 39- to 41-inches.

The HCR shares most the components as the Sno Pro, but comes in a 153 only. Its stiffer durometer track is designed for aggressive hillclimbing on a packed course. But, you should be aware, the HCR’s track is as stiff as a Camoplast Challenger track, which is the same track Cat installed on its 2007 and 2008 model year M8s. Armed with that knowledge, the HCR track is quite adaptable to deep snow.

The HCR or Hill Climb Racer became an instant hit among our test crew. The HCR has a stiffer track making it "hook up" better than its M8 siblings.
Continuing, the HCR uses FOX Zero Pro gas IFP shocks, just as the M8. But, it utilizes adjustable preloads via titanium springs. The HCR’s skis are narrower than the M8’s and Sno Pro’s, and have a deeper, more aggressive keel; ski stance is an adjustable 42- to 44-inches. Perhaps the stance is wider than most mountain pounders want, but as light as this sled is, it rolls to its side just fine for a sidehill cut.

I coppy pasted it.

bayman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
probablly depends on your riding ability in order to notice a difference. If you're just starting out, save some pennies and buy the base model.

2010m8

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
get the base model and throw the money you will save on extras.its a good start for getting a turbo

RMK Junky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.snowandmud.com
A buddy bought a new '09 M8. I've road it a couple of times and I like it. Smooth even power and handles good in the deep. It has the 153 track which is fine but a 162 is much better.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJ_yQ02xwsM[/media]

Attachments

• 800 Cat.jpg
    800 Cat.jpg
    71.4 KB · Views: 29
Top Bottom