which one scrambler vs wolverine

Garryese

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
learn some ting new everyday i still thought they wear using there old school 2 stroke motor, but if your just worryed about the solid rear axel gettin hung up in rutts you could runn a axel paddel, not sure if the chain would stand up to that though.

2 Stroke hasn't been available in Canada in at least four years.

6000 miles on the chain of my scrammy. Chain is still functional, but front sprocket got peeled off on the last ride. The chain is some additional maintenance but otherwise is not a concern.

goodngrubby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have a 2003 Scrambler 500 with a K&N, Jet kit, and a homemade pipe. I also have Swamplite tires front and back. The no-low-gear thing kinda rips me, but if you drive it like you stole it, they will go anywhere the big boys go. If you just putter into a mud hole, you will probably not make it through. This is my 4th Scrambler (2 500 4-strokes and 2 400 2-strokes), and I have had a lot of other utility 4x4's, but this is by far the most fun I have had on a quad. I have a 2007 Predator 500 that sits in the shop collecting dust, no comparison to the Scrambler. I don't have a lot of experience with Yamaha quads, except for being on the front end of the tow rope. Just my 2-cents.

tony kaos

Reaction score
I agree with garryese! I own an 07 Scrambler ( about 2000 kms on it now) and I went through the same thing you did and heres what i came up with. The Scrambler is 65% sport quad 35% 4x4 due to no low gear. The Wolverine is 60% 4x4 40% sport quad. Also how tall are you? cuz if your over 5'10 your goin to feel like the wolverine is too small for you cuz of its low profile i found i was bent over the front end when riding it and when ur on it all day for a ride that SUCKS!!! cus it fells like your arms want to fall off! but ultimately the choice is up to you!

Top Bottom