which oil/ full syn or semi syn?

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
In relation to the 1000rt, which oil is best? full synthetic or semi synthetic?

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was running BRP blend. But my warranty expires on the 30th, so I just changed back to Klotz Techniplate Power Valve synthetic yesterday.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hello Shredder. The reason I am asking this question is because of your query on dootalk about brp oil.Ithought when I bought my sled that I had to run full synthetic oil but now i am having second thoughts about it. Wondering what other rt owners were told.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey Harry; I was told BRP blend by a dealer.:confused: I believe Summitric is also running the blend; at least until his warranty runs out. I'm sure he'll chime in here.:feedback: I'vegotthenutz was given BRP synthetic by his dealer when he picked up his sled, and has never ran anything other than full synthetic since new with no problems. Gordie has ran nothing but the cheap Castrol from Walmart in all his Doos for over 30 years and swears by it. He has been running it in his 800R for two years now. I like Klotz products and have used them in the past with no problems, that's why I went back to Klotz.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply. I also ran castrol in all my previous sleds with no issues.It will be interesting to hear what others were told to use by their dealers.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
I Still Have A Years Warranty On The Engine, And I Had To Sign A Waiver Saying I Would Run The Oil Specified By My Selling Dealer, And My Dealer Gave Me A Full Case Of 4x4's Of Brp Synthetic Blend, And I Asked Him About Running The Full Synthetic, And He Advised Against It For The 1000 Big Doo. Once Warranty Is Up, I Will Debate About The Semi-synthetic Brp Or Maybe Try Ron's Amsoil, Or Maybe Back To Blue Marble Like I Run In Both My Other Sleds.... Tough Call!!!!

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply Ric. I also had to sign a waiver, but mine was for full synthetic. What gives????.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Wierd.... But Your Oil Cost More, Lol .... The Dealer Told Me That The Full Synthetic Will "gum Up" The E-raves A Lot Quicker Than The Semi-synthetic. I Bought Mine Through Mr. R's In Milo, Where Did You Buy Your 1000rt??? Its Interesting What 2 Different Dealers Have Recomended, Eh???

Keng

Reaction score
hey guys you should do a little digging in the laws for warrantees and what oils and fluids etc that you need to use. cause i was looking into using blue marble in my new polaris and reading their site. that if you are required to use a specific oil as in polaris, bombardier arctic cat etc.. to keep your warrantee they are required by law to supply the oil free of charge to you durring the warrantee period.

here is the section that i saw on this.

The federal law called the “Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1974” states that no manufacturer can require you to use their components (oil, etc.) to maintain the factory warranty unless they provide, at no charge during the said warranty period, such product free of charge. Most manufacturers state that the oil you use must meet or exceed the equivalent of specific testing procedures (i.e., TC-W3®, JASO, etc.). Blue Marble® High Performance 2-cycle oil meets or exceeds the specifications of JASO FD, TC-W3®, and ISO EGD.

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey guys you should do a little digging in the laws for warrantees and what oils and fluids etc that you need to use. cause i was looking into using blue marble in my new polaris and reading their site. that if you are required to use a specific oil as in polaris, bombardier arctic cat etc.. to keep your warrantee they are required by law to supply the oil free of charge to you durring the warrantee period.

here is the section that i saw on this.

The federal law called the “Magnuson Moss Warranty Act of 1974” states that no manufacturer can require you to use their components (oil, etc.) to maintain the factory warranty unless they provide, at no charge during the said warranty period, such product free of charge. Most manufacturers state that the oil you use must meet or exceed the equivalent of specific testing procedures (i.e., TC-W3®, JASO, etc.). Blue Marble® High Performance 2-cycle oil meets or exceeds the specifications of JASO FD, TC-W3®, and ISO EGD.

That law may only apply in the United States.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I bought my 1000x at Riverside . Replaced the engine at 3200k. Service dept. said raves were clean. I would sure like to see what was on the original waiver that I had signed.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also posed this question on dootalk and on the snowest site. So far lots of lookers but no responders.I am gone now for 4 days but I will check those sites then and report any findings.

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wierd.... But Your Oil Cost More, Lol .... The Dealer Told Me That The Full Synthetic Will "gum Up" The E-raves A Lot Quicker Than The Semi-synthetic. I Bought Mine Through Mr. R's In Milo, Where Did You Buy Your 1000rt??? Its Interesting What 2 Different Dealers Have Recomended, Eh???
I don't believe the dealer knows what he's talking about saying the full synthetic will gum up the raves quicker. I'm new to ski-doo this year, been on polaris for 10 yrs, and from what I can remember in the past the rave valves on the doo are very reailable but do gum up quicker using mineral oil verses full syn, remember when polaris came out with the VES on the 440 sno cross sled,I had one and I had to run full synthetic and still had problems and i'd have to clean the valves once a week, I tried to run mineral oil because the cost of the synthetic oil was hard on the pocket book and i was cleaning them after every race.
As far as the synthetic blend, I dunno It doesn't make sence to me that the blend oil is recommended over the full syn, Summitric did Mr R's tell you this? I call them alot for tech advice and i'm curious to know why the full syn is not recommended for the e-raves

Caper11

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok i'll believe that, they havn't lead me wrong yet. Are the raves different on the 1000rt than the other doo engines with raves? And is this the case with the 600 SDI, does running the blend in that engine help the raves? I'm just trying to wrap my head around this, and want to learn all I can about the doo products.

HotShotHarry

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just checked for any responses to this question on dootalk and on the snowest forum. lots of lookers but no comments. I also posed this question at Riverside on thursday and the response was semi is good full synthetic is better.To answer Rics question, my sled is a 06 1000x. It had a rod bearing failure at 3200k. BRP supplied a new long block under warrenty. I have about 600k on this engine with no issues.

Top Bottom