which helment cam to buy?

stuckenough

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just bought a Hero GoPro but have'nt tried it yet. Saw some video shot with it though and it looked not bad. I was tired of dragged a regular digital up the mountain and always forgetting to pull it out, so hopefully this changes that.
If anything...it should make for some funny moments.:d

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have the moto comm....it takes good video's and also still pics(never tried that yet). I think it has a music player as well. The great thing about it is the tiny little camera on your lid instead of the whole deal up there....IMO. Here's a few pics of the camera and the first video I ever shot with it........

SledinIII092.jpg

SledinIII088.jpg

SledinIII089.jpg

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shl81TTBpAQ[/YOUTUBE]

99summitx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We had 2 GoPro,s out at Sicamous last week and had some problems, they went through batteries like crazy, both would just shut off at times, in the sun was hard to see blinking power light so every vid had a face zooming into to see if it was on, and found it too wide of an angle lens, had to be right on someones snoflap to get good follow vid and looked like you were on the flat when climbing. :twocents:

maddog21rmk

Reaction score
I ordered Vholdr cam online.. VholdR better than nothing and see what happen when i used it. i was watching all those videos from other people who has it in VholdR i think they look good.

thanks guys. :beer:

rubirose

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
I have an older camera from Twenty20 who also makes the Vholdr. This is the next one I will buy. So far I really like the quality of the videos, have some on youtube.com/rubirosered although on the youtube the quality is not that great because you have to change the size to load it quickly. I carry 2 batteries with me and they will last for hours.

j335

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the GoPro Hero wide lense (motorsports edition) for $157US shipped, should be here in a few days, this was about half the price of the Vholdr's. I read alot of reviews and comparisons and I concluded that the best on the market in my price range was the gopro, it's cheaper and better quality video then the vholdr. Here's some some helpful reviews Helmet Camera Central - Reviews,Shopping,Forums,Live Chat and

You should be using the right batteries, lithium Energizers and they will last much longer.

clint/KTM/16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
here are some pics I took off of a video on my helmet cam,(Decent) i had some fog in the lens because i opened it wen it was cold and breathed in it so it fogged i tried to get it all off but whatever,(wood be alot better if no fog)

Attachments

• drift hitting.1.jpg
    drift hitting.1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 108
  • drift hitting. 2.jpg
    drift hitting. 2.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 109
  • drift hitting. 3.jpg
    drift hitting. 3.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 102

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I just ordered the GoPro Hero wide lense (motorsports edition) for $157US shipped, should be here in a few days, this was about half the price of the Vholdr's. I read alot of reviews and comparisons and I concluded that the best on the market in my price range was the gopro, it's cheaper and better quality video then the vholdr. Here's some some helpful reviews Helmet Camera Central - Reviews,Shopping,Forums,Live Chat and

You should be using the right batteries, lithium Energizers and they will last much longer.

2 buddies of mine have the gopro cams and they have both tried lithium batteries and they still chow batteries.. One of them is returning it as it doesn't even work anymore and it never got wet and he used it twice.. I could have got some of them in but decided i didn't want to risk the warranty issues so i ordered in some motocomm ones to sell at the shop in mcbride.

maddog21rmk

Reaction score
oops i spelled helment wrong.. haha helmet i mean. anyway it seem that some guys are talking about battery.. AA or AAA battery vs rechargerable battery? its the size or how long they will last. 2 hours? more or less..

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got our new in stock at the shop now and holy crap they look sweet and man they are small units.. i think i'm going to get obe for myself..

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got our new in stock at the shop now and holy crap they look sweet and man they are small units.. i think i'm going to get obe for myself..

Glenn....I tried to put a sticky back on top of my lid, but that didn't work so well. I found the best is slide that little bracket between the foam on either side of your chin and position the camera at the proper angle there. I have yet to mount it on a machine, but I think that would be pretty cool to. Let's see some footage from this W/E!!!! Have fun and stay safe out there!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
VIO POV1.....expensive, but they are the best out there. DVD quality video, 8gig sd card, wireless remote, very compact. rode with Tabneil and BigDawg a few weeks back in Renshaw, I used my VIO Adventure Cam 3 and Tab used his VIO POV1, the video quality was excellent from both, but the POV is a cut above. I will be upgrading to the POV soon. couple vids from the ride.....

with Adventure Cam 3
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yVXmB-Y-gq0[/media]

Tab's VIO POV1....
[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvrz-7UPbKM[/media]

chadwik74

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tab's VIO POV1....

So that's what it feels like to ride a Yamaha....:rolleyes:. I feel dirty now! lol
Great video's and some good quality there....thanks for sharing!

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Tab's VIO POV1....

So that's what it feels like to ride a Yamaha....:rolleyes:. I feel dirty now! lol
Great video's and some good quality there....thanks for sharing!
thanks man. I was actually quite impressed with that Apex, he only has exhaust mods and some lightweight parts....it held it's own out there. Tab can ride that thing, extreme body english required.....he was hangin' and bangin'....:d

W

woodies

here are some pics I took off of a video on my helmet cam,(Decent) i had some fog in the lens because i opened it wen it was cold and breathed in it so it fogged i tried to get it all off but whatever,(wood be alot better if no fog)
holy crap what year is that sled?

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with Teeroy. The VIO POV1 is a great set-up, A bit on the expensive side though. They are really user friendly and durable. I set of 4 AA batteries for the hole day, the best quality video and the mic... once you figure out where to set the gain to is good also....remote start and stop.... all in all this camera gets two thumbs up from me.

P.S. the quality has three settings, the previous videos were set on "low"... as there is low, med. and High quality....

W

woodies

hey tabneil. pming back and worth with teeroy trying to figure out my editing and posting to the net with my vio any tips? what software are you using?also very impressed with the unit.you think lowering the quality is better mines set highest right now! wish they had better tech support!

TABSTER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hey tabneil. pming back and worth with teeroy trying to figure out my editing and posting to the net with my vio any tips? what software are you using?also very impressed with the unit.you think lowering the quality is better mines set highest right now! wish they had better tech support!

I use medium and low quality if i am going to be posting them to You tube or other video host sites. soon as you load them big files the quality goes to chit.....and takes a week of sundays to upload them.. Windows movie maker works with these files, DIVX software comes with the POV1.... as well as there software for splicing and cropping videos... VIO Storyboard. Save the files in a folder on hard drive and then you can drag and drop them wherever you want....:beer:

Top Bottom