Which Cell Phone Provider

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well looks like I am going to have to break down and get a new phone. I am on Telus for work, but are any of the other companies good? I am from the states originally so I don't know a ton about all of them up here.

Fido
Koodo
Rogers
Telus
Bell

I think thats all of em?

Badass69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Telus owns a majority of the network and physical towers out here. Bell uses the Telus network in the west anyways.... so realistically your coverage will be the same. That is mostly why I stay with Telus.... and I find the plans about the same cost in the end no matter who the provider is really. I have had Bell, Telus and Solo Mobile( which is owned by Bell).

sledneck_03

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i would go telus, i use sasktel (obviously you cant) but they charge $31 a MB data in the USA and Mexico, i got lost in Cancun and needed to use google earth..........$400 cell phone bill later. Telus for 1 MB data in USA and Mexico??? $5, fawk off Sasktel.

Last edited by a moderator:

X-it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would have to say telus as well, but if you want a cheap rate the best deal would be the 7-11 crack phone

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd stay away from rogers. My cousin was pretty choked with rogers when he found out no service in valemount where he spends most of the winter after signing a 3 year contract. My telus works in all the small bc towns and no other complaints.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

luvz da mud

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
im with bell. good price, great coverage, im allways the last on to loose service but thier "customer service" is bar none the WORST! absolutely HORENDOUS

JaySimon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have good luck with usually having service with Telus. Heck, I get better connection with my iphone on telus than my work flip phone on bell, for whatever reason.

Trashy

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Not in Moyie! :realmad:

Actually, I have great service with Telus in Moyie. Once I got into the Eagle's Nest, it got sketchy for service. My work phone is Bell, and forget about it anywhere in BC. Which is a good thing too :D

REV2XHEART

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok maybe I should have thought about this before. I have TV and Internet through Telus right now for my house. Would I get a deal if I got a cell phone added onto the package as well?

arff

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ok maybe I should have thought about this before. I have TV and Internet through Telus right now for my house. Would I get a deal if I got a cell phone added onto the package as well?

Nope. I tried that as well. We did get a good offer on optic tv,Internet and phone service. Well I couldn't but it's worth you trying.

ferniesnow

I'm doo-ing it!
Reaction score

Different companies, sort of! Telus Mobility is the cell phone provider and Telus is the internet, TV, home phone guys......at least in this corner of BC.

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Actually, I have great service with Telus in Moyie. Once I got into the Eagle's Nest, it got sketchy for service. My work phone is Bell, and forget about it anywhere in BC. Which is a good thing too :D

Try it on my deck in the townsite. Bet it won't work. The beer will be cold though! :D

Cyle

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
As long as the provider has service in your area and areas you travel, they are all the same I think. I'm with rogers gf is with telus both get crappy reception in a lot of weird places and a lot of times both phones have the same reception so it's not just one provider.

But no reception in mcbride and valemount really sucks with rogers. Rogers customer service sucks, but so does telus as i'm sure bell does to.

hmmc

Reaction score
I have a couple of phone's on Koodo they are just a division of telus. With a plan of 50.00 a month it gives me unlimited minutes and unlimited long distance in Canada. The data is on a graduated plan. With a unlocked iphone that I payed 90.00 for and no contract I am very happy. I would highly suggest to try them out hope this helps.

Yammahaww

Reaction score
anyone but bell, the worst company to deal with in the world, yes the world, told them to shove they're phone and they're dish to. Rogers is alright to deal with.

Top Bottom