which bike?

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
I am working on rebuilding my grizz, but also looking at the polaris scrambler 1000 or the renegade 1000, just like to hear some feedback about both?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I think the smile would be equally as big with either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You are going to get covered in mud with the renegade compared to your grizzly. Both are huge power gains over the grizzly.

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You'd have to do a lot to your grizz to come coven close to the speed and handling performance of a scrambler or renny. That said, the grizz has it's strengths, clearance and weight, which generally offset it's lack of power in the deep stuff. I switched over to the yellow side recently and am LOVING IT. ...until I hit the deep, rutted holes or skeg. That said, that kinda behaviour isn't really acceptable or sustainable anymore, so I'm not really missing being a mud slayer anymore.

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I will have a as new scrambler 1000 for sale shortly ....best quad I have ever owned ... Imo

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
I took a scrambler 100 for a rip at cycle works west not to long ago, best quad I've ridden so far

rzrgade

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They out handle the 1000 CA , but the ca is great too . I prefer the ride and articulation of the Scrammy , but I think quality is better on the Rene ....
both are good ,I have ridden both and would buy the scrammy again .... Imo

On the trails the scrammy is a beast , confident stable smooth limitless power.....!!

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
The rebuild is on a 700, bottom and top end, I'm getting the cylinder bored out 2mm over, and putting a stage 2 cam in it, and does anyone know the weights of the roller weights in a epi murder kit for that bike bu any chance? Thx

whoDEANie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You gonna stroke it too? I hear wonderful things about the 780 build - I believe that a 734 BBK with +3mm of stroke. ...still hoping to do that to one of mine.

Have a look at machining your primary if you haven't already. I've had two Airdam setups and the difference is amazing. I think the stage 2 is the equivalent of a 2mm shim without any loss in top end speed - definitely the single biggest bang for the buck I've seen.

mdtgrizzly

Reaction score
Yeah I had a machined sleeve, went back to factory, I couldn't keep a belt for more than 400 km, I think there must of been something wrong somewhere with The setup, I talked to another of people and nobody has had problems like that lol

Top Bottom