Where to stay in Mcbride?

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
North country lodge is a good stay, I haven't stayed there but Mom works there, so I'll plug the NCL. Although, if you want to ride both Mcbride and Vale, the Terracanna would be the best bet as it's right in the middle. You can get their #'s on line. Don't know if this applies to all places but I do know if you call for reservations and they tell you they are booked solid, it's bs, they always keep a few rooms open for people who just show up, or are passing thru, at least that's how it works at the NCL.

I would like to know what makes you think the North Country Lodge holds rooms for people that are passing through?You should drop by there familyday long weekend and see if they have a room put aside for you.They are the best place in Mcbride to stay and I doubt they are going to hold rooms when they cant even count on a lot of there reservations showing up all the time.Saving Rooms.....Not the most profitable way to run a business.I just spent the last half hour on the phone booking rooms there and we were hoping to stay there family day weekend and its booked solid!Oh did I mention I offerd a real nice tip if there was a room available if I just showed up(after reading your post being a sleddder and all).I couldnt bribe my way in and I know Sheri so I;m thinkin you need to do some more research before you pass on miss information.The people ,the food and the rooms are second to none,for those who have not stayed there,I recomend it!
catmando!

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Beaver Creek's a great place to stay 85 bucks a night (it's worth your while to pay cash) for 4 guys 2 double beds and a double fouton. Has the added bonus of a BBQ on the deck of each cabin and a parking lot that would be pretty hard to steal a trailer out of .

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Very Nice Place To Stay

I Agree Summiteer, The Beavercreek Cabins Are Very Nice. Lots Of Room, And Very Safe. $85.00/nite Is A Good Deal For Those Cabins. Too Bad There Wasn't More Of Them.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
NCL is our choice in McBride too. We just decided on McBride over Valemount for our mid March trip and booked 2 suites at the NCL. We are takin' a couple of Steep 'n' Deep virgins with us:eek: .....should be a good show.:trustme:

:eek: :eek: Oooops just about blew that one. I checked with the bro-in-law today and we both thought the other guy had already booked the suites, but we actually had nothing booked. Called the NCL today and now I know it's all good.:D We booked an M7 and an 800 RMK from Ride n Hide for the SK boyz. From what Ride n Hide said about their M7 my Escape could have it's hands full with that 700.:eek:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
When in March are you guys heading there shredder?
catmando!:D

Summiteer

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My buddy blew his RMK up at renshaw last month and he rented that M7 from Ride & hide, I'm a doo guy but that sled can climb. Climbed better than the 800 RMK 156" (or 159 whatever the '03 vertical escape was) and better than my '06 800 Summit 144". Apparently it used to be a hillclimber has a boondocker box on it no NOS though.

Poleman

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Terracana is good and great rate package for a group of 4.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Thanks Shredder, being from Sask I always ask. Never know who your going to run into, like two weeks ago while standing in Elk Island Sales a guy was asking abour Mountain Riding and mentioned Sask, I went to school with his older brother in Melfort....Small world.

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Thanks Shredder, being from Sask I always ask. Never know who your going to run into, like two weeks ago while standing in Elk Island Sales a guy was asking abour Mountain Riding and mentioned Sask, I went to school with his older brother in Melfort....Small world.

:eek: I grew up in Creighton, lived there for 26 years. I also lived in Birch Hills for a year. For anyone that has never lived in SK; you actually can watch your dog running away for 2 days.:trustme:

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
OK Shredder, we need to talk, half my inlaws are from Flin Flon and some from Creighton.
Depending on your age we may know the same people??
Birch Hills, have few memories of that town but spent many a late night there in my youth and used to race my "Pinto" against a few boys from there! Yep, I said "PINTO". Was quite famous back in the day!!! Pinto!!!

Send me a P.M. and I will fill in the blanks. Was just in Flin Flon for a huge funneral in the fall.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
catmando-- The info I get is from my mom--- who just happens to work there at the NCL, has for about 5 yrs. Don't think she would lie to me, maybe they 've changed their policy in the last few days, I don't know. I have no reason to pass on bad info, just trying to be helpful, again maybe you shoudn't have tried to reserve a room that is meant for those who just show, I personally think it's good business to keep the odd room open for those in need, and as you said not all reservations are kept. I don't need to stay there because if you haven't clued in yet, my family lives there, and finally, maybe you don't know Sheri well enough, I don't know.

Last edited:

catmando

Super Moderator
Reaction score
catmando-- The info I get is from my mom--- who just happens to work there at the NCL, has for about 5 yrs. Don't think she would lie to me, maybe they 've changed their policy in the last few days, I don't know. I have no reason to pass on bad info, just trying to be helpful, again maybe you shoudn't have tried to reserve a room that is meant for those who just show, I personally think it's good business to keep the odd room open for those in need, and as you said not all reservations are kept. I don't need to stay there because if you haven't clued in yet, my family lives there, and finally, maybe you don't know Sheri well enough, I don't know.

I dont have time for this,mayby I do! Whatever,have a nice day!Mayby we could have a highmark contest and solve it or something!I disagree with you on the saving rooms but hey, this site is for info,right or wrong!Say Hi to Mom for me!
catmando!:rant:

Culvert

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Justed wanted to drop a line and say Thanks to the staff, especially SHERI at the North Country Lodge. Just got back from a couple days. Rooms are awesome and the Hottub at the end of the day was needed!
This post is funny because as I was heading to the Hottub I noticed the SNOW & MUD logo on the comp screen and Sheri showed me this topic which I had already read just before leaving for McBride.
She was chuckling at the fact that someone mentioned they have rooms for drop in's!!! She turned down 3 phone calls just while I signed for my keys. If you dont book you dont get a room!!! They only way I can see you getting a room is by someone not showing or leaving a day early, as our group had to do.

Awesome place, see you next trip!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom