Where to stay in Mcbride?

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
First post. Just want to know a good place to stay? If you have a phone # that would be great. We ride Valemount 4 or 5 times a year. Thought we would give the Renshaw a try. Oh ya has to have a hot tub and would be nice if you could have a cold one while you are in it. Thanks.

MXOldtimer

Reaction score
First post. Just want to know a good place to stay? If you have a phone # that would be great. We ride Valemount 4 or 5 times a year. Thought we would give the Renshaw a try. Oh ya has to have a hot tub and would be nice if you could have a cold one while you are in it. Thanks.
Welcome over from SnoWest. Recognize the handle. North Country Lodge. Restaurant on site, hot tub, security (sort of ) in the parking lot. Rode Renshaw on the weekend, need new snow. Hero snow now. I would try to get back south east in the bowls, or head north west to get off the highway that forms between the staircase and the notch. Would be nice if you could hook up with a local because Renshaw is BIG. Think Clemina, Allen, Mileage, Boulder and Frisby combined. Times 2.

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hotel

The Bell Mt Inn Is Not The Nicest Place, But I Will Say They Have A Out Door Hot Tub, And It Never Closes Plus You You Can Drink As Long As You Want In It.

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Where To Stay

We Usually Stay At The Bell Mountain(very Cheap And Like Powderchowder Said, Not The Nicest;) , But "cheap")..... North Country Is Very Nice, But A Little More Money, And Bear Cabins Are Very Nice To, And Can Sleep 6 To 8 In A Cabin. The Teracanna Is Near Horsey Creek, And Looks Very Nice(went Online And Checked It Out). Will Try And Stay There Next Time. The Holiday Inn There Is Good To.
You'll Enjoy Renshaw, But Should Try And Find A Local Or Someone Who Really Knows The Area........ Its Huge.:d

tekim

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hero Snow?

Welcome over from SnoWest. Recognize the handle. North Country Lodge. Restaurant on site, hot tub, security (sort of ) in the parking lot. Rode Renshaw on the weekend, need new snow. Hero snow now. I would try to get back south east in the bowls, or head north west to get off the highway that forms between the staircase and the notch. Would be nice if you could hook up with a local because Renshaw is BIG. Think Clemina, Allen, Mileage, Boulder and Frisby combined. Times 2.

I heard this expression a few times, and am not sure exactly what it means: HERO SNOW?:confused:

Tekim

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
hero

Hero snow is snow that is set up so it will make anybody look good going up hill. Barry

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
stay

There is no Holiday Inn at Mcbride. Holiday at Valemount, do not stay there.Barry

POWDERCHOWDER

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hero Snow

This Means You Look Like A Hero Because You Can Climb Anything With Little Or No Trouble, Because The Snow Is So Set Up

SaskSummit

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well back to Valemount phoned a couple of places everything is booked solid.

CR500R

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
North country lodge is a good stay, I haven't stayed there but Mom works there, so I'll plug the NCL. Although, if you want to ride both Mcbride and Vale, the Terracanna would be the best bet as it's right in the middle. You can get their #'s on line. Don't know if this applies to all places but I do know if you call for reservations and they tell you they are booked solid, it's bs, they always keep a few rooms open for people who just show up, or are passing thru, at least that's how it works at the NCL.

Last edited:

Quagmire

Senior Sunburnt Member
Reaction score
Lodging

We usually stay at the north country lodge. Nice place and great staff.:gathering:
Steve

Mikey

Reaction score
I have always stayed at the Terracana, first class service, it's alinclusive (all your meals, lodging, trail pass, hot tub, etc.) all for the right price. It's right between McBride and Vale 40 Km either way so you can ride both. It's a bit of a drive each day but, I have always felt that my stuff was safe there, so it's worth it for me! or 1-866-968-4304

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
Hey Bbtoys

BARRY, WHAT IS THE HOTEL IN MCBRIDE BESIDE THE CHINESE FOOD PLACE? AND THE OTHER HOTEL ON MAINSTREET IN MCBRIDE, JUST UP FROM THE CHEVRON IN TOWN??:confused: ..... I THOUGHT THE ONE BESIDE THE CHINESE FOOD PLACE WAS THE HOLIDAY INN???

chucker

Reaction score
Hey Summitric, The motel up from the chinese food place (rknight really likes the food) is The Sandman Inn. The motel up from the Chevron station is The Travellers Inn. I have'nt stayed at either of these motels. Hope this helps.
Kim

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We usually stay at the north country lodge. Nice place and great staff.:gathering:
Steve

NCL is our choice in McBride too. We just decided on McBride over Valemount for our mid March trip and booked 2 suites at the NCL. We are takin' a couple of Steep 'n' Deep virgins with us:eek: .....should be a good show.:trustme:

ESOX

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Place to stay

Well back to Valemount phoned a couple of places everything is booked solid.

King creek golf course. 15kms south of McBride. bed and breakfast. small rooms and an older place but food is good, hot-tub is hot, licensed, price is right:cool: . talk to AL. 250-569-0191.

GRD

Reaction score
Alot of the areas that we ride in valemount are shutting down. May have to try this place if we ride mcbride.

King creek golf course. 15kms south of McBride. bed and breakfast. small rooms and an older place but food is good, hot-tub is hot, licensed, price is right:cool: . talk to AL. 250-569-0191.

Top Bottom