Where to run your e-track?

blar

Reaction score
I'm getting my new enclosed trailer in a week or two and want to know (from experience) where is the best place(s) to run e-tracking. On the floor against the walls? Up the middle or both? On the wall? Have a carbide resistant flooring installed but plan on putting down superglides so have to take that into consideration too.

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
24" O/C from the exterior wall works perfect for Superclamps. This is the way I run for my customers on a 7" wide :beer:

Attachments

• IMG-20111216-00224.jpg
    IMG-20111216-00224.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 372
  • IMG-20111216-00225.jpg
    IMG-20111216-00225.jpg
    120.7 KB · Views: 525

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I ran mine about 1 inch from the floor on the wall. I thought then dirt and crud shouldn't collect in it as bad !!
But then again, I don't haul sleds .....only quads and cargo !!!
Just my 2 cents !!!

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would run two tracks down between the sleds when they are side by side. Also run along the walls about 3-4 feet high for moving other things. Tis what I plan to do. Example: when I move my tool box next week it is nice to strap it to the wall instead of to the floor. Always nice to have options.

Reaction score
If running e-track along the wall, does it compromise the structural integrity of the wall members by drilling into them? I am trying to figure out how to place the e-track for loading of quads, bikes, and sleds (not necessarily all at once, lol). I was thinking of running a track along the base of each wall on the floor, and one in the middle, but for sleds that's not necessarily the best option in a 7' wide trailer. Any other ideas? TIA.

Last edited:

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If running e-track along the wall, does it compromise the structural integrity of the wall members by drilling into them?
I am trying to figure out how to place the e-track for loading of quads, bikes, and sleds (not necessarily all at once, lol). I was thinking of running a track along the base of each wall on the floor, and one in the middle, but for sleds that's not necessarily the best option in a 7' wide trailer. Any other ideas? TIA.

- You will only add strength to the wall by installing the E-Track

- Run two lengths of E-Track 24" O/C from the wall on the floor and another section along the bottom of each wall (see attached photo). You can load anything you want then and have a multitude of mounting options! For the motorcycles run the E-track motorcycle chocks and you can stagger the bikes from one side to the other to make the best use of your space.

Attachments

• TMV 729 #1 Pewter-Black.jpg
    TMV 729 #1 Pewter-Black.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 370
  • E-Track.jpg
    E-Track.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 472

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
There is also hooks now for e-track !!! Got some the other day from "Gregg's".....either a "J" hook or a square hook !!! Bought a few for the trailers !! Good for hanging tie-downs and other stuff from when in the trailer !!
Of course, hooks only work well if the e-track is on the wall !!! LOL

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
princess auto has good price

That is true !! They usually have a good selection too. 3', 5' , 8' lenghts . And lots of tie-down clips too.
I've bought e-track at Peavey Mart too........ but I think Princess Auto has the best prices !!!

novi408

Reaction score
This thread has been helpful. One other question:

What are the best fasteners to use going into the wall studs and the floor?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
This thread has been helpful. One other question:

What are the best fasteners to use going into the wall studs and the floor?

i used self tapping lag bolts where the etrack crossed the frame rails. then 3/4" wood screws in the remaining holes. a total of 632 screws, 3 dewalt batteries, 2 beers and done!

Bullseye

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put e-track in a few trailers now ....but I have a question ????

I have been putting "horizontal" e-track in everything.......but I notice there is "vertical" e-track too ?? Can a guy use this too ?? I have ran my e-track just like the photos here but thought "vertical" e-track could be run at the front and back of the trailer (on the walls) to add more points for tieing stuff in ! Just screw it to the wall running up one stud ? Any thoughts??

Last edited:

Firefly

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have put e-track in a few trailers now ....but I have a question ????

I have been putting "horizontal" e-track in everything.......but I notice there is "vertical" e-track too ?? Can a guy use this too ?? I have ran my e-track just like the photos here but thought "vertical" e-track could be run at the front and back of the trailer (on the walls) to add more points for tieing stuff in ! Just screw it to the wall running up one stud ? Any thoughts??

The only problem I find with the vertical e-track is not being able to securely attach it to the wall stud due to fact that the width of the track is wider than the wall studs :beer:

Top Bottom