Where to purchase Polaris in the states?

Maxwe

Reaction score
Live in Alberta and looking to purchase a new Polaris in the states. I persumed a dealer in Montana as that is the closest. What dealership and what tips do you guys have, that have been through this before.

OnlyPolaris

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
check out carls cycle sales in boise idaho. they are a great dealer and do a lot of performance stuff.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not sure an American Polaris dealer can sell a brand new sled to a Canadian. If you can get one it will come with no warranty in Canada.

Trench:rant:

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I have dealt with mountain toys in Cochran AB as for Scott very helpful and honest... good luck on your purchase!

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Live in Alberta and looking to purchase a new Polaris in the states. I persumed a dealer in Montana as that is the closest. What dealership and what tips do you guys have, that have been through this before.

is this maxwell's alter:rolleyes::confused:
i heard he was going after burandts job, but seriously at least wait for the track to cool this season, some peeps:nono::d

as for the point of the thread any where is cheaper than here.

mikecbi

Reaction score
pinkaliscious what does cochrane alberta have to do with purchasing a sled in the US.This is why so many threads are so long because people dont read the titles.

speeder72

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I agree with you 100%. Support your local Canadian dealer.

Mountain toys are excellent to deal with,and for the few bucks you will save going to the states to end up with a sled that has no warranty???

Rob1334

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Carl's Cycle x2, they know polaris in and out and if ya want anything aftermarket done they are the guys who know the machine inside and out. It would be worth the extra miles to get one from them, top notch in all aspects of putting a sled together out the crate and setting it up for its intended user.

PINKalicious

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
pinkaliscious what does cochrane alberta have to do with purchasing a sled in the US.This is why so many threads are so long because people dont read the titles.

hum i read it...but i also was looking to buy from the USA before i found mine, once i factored in driving, hotels and time off work...in the end it was still cheaper for me to buy here! so unless you have connections and or help getting it from the USA it might not be worth the trouble and worth looking into every option if saving money is the main factor.

Mountain toys are excellent to deal with,and for the few bucks you will save going to the states to end up with a sled that has no warranty???

Warranty another reason i got mine here.
Again best of luck in your search.

trench

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Both sleds I own were purchased in the US, got an 07 600 RMK with 28 miles on E-Bay for $5800 plus RIV and GST. I did not factor in the price of my trip as it was a holiday, so it was very well worth it to me. My other sled was not as good a deal but I still saved money even after buying an after market warranty for it. We get hosed on pricing here!!!

Trench:rant:

Maxwe

Reaction score
I have a place down in Arizona so i go down there anyways and on the way back bring home. I also can use the arizona address as the purchae place. Around warranty other than the engine no worries. If the engine gives big troubles send it down there and pull another one out of the stable. Got 4 guys who are looking to in. I know the guys in Calgary and Lethbridge etc are doing this all the time now.

Smithys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Totally agree with your comments... Mountain Toys are excellent to deal with. Buy your sled in Canada so you have warranty.

TimG

Reaction score
If you're going to mod the sled, it's pointless to buy in Canada because you won't have warranty anyhow. With Polaris becoming very, very sticky on this, it's a much greater concern than in the past. Last time I checked, the dealer I spoke to wouldn't even warranty the sled if you put a single pipe on it! I'm sure there are other dealers who would push that same sled through warranty, but be sure before you buy. Most people don't want to leave a sled stock, and if the mods you do for it are going to void the warranty, there's no point in having it. There are threads here and on SW on how to go about the import process; it's fairly straightforward. Riv.ca is a very good resource as well.

As far as dealers go, by all accounts, Carl's is second to none for making sure the sled is set up properly- clutch alignment, motor twist, belt to sheave clearance, etc. When I checked a few new sleds on the showroom floor, all were out of spec for motor twist, so getting a sled that you know is set up properly is a big deal. Guys on SW are always ranting and raving about how they drive 500 miles just to buy from Carl's, but Carl's won't sell new sleds to Canadians, and even if they did, they are very expensive. Action Motorsports in Idaho falls is one of the cheapest (leftover '10 Dragon 800 RMK's for $7000), but also won't sell to Canadians. Kurt's Polaris in Kalispell, MT will, but any dealer in MT is unlikely to be very cheap, because they know you are coming across from Canada. Find the dealers in all the states on the Polaris website, and compare U.S. dealer to U.S. dealer, not only to Canadian.

If you are desperate to buy from a certain dealer in the States, i.e. Carl's, all you'd really have to do is get an American buddy to buy the sled and then buy it off him as soon as he leaves the parking lot. And if the warranty is really that big of a deal, you could look into a third party warranty. On a lot of cars & trucks, you can buy the vehicle in the States, buy the third party warranty, and still be money ahead rather than buying in Canada.

If the manufacturers don't want Canadians buying in the States, they should equalize the Can/US prices, plain and simple. There is just no reason that the sleds up here should cost any more, other than the tiny bit extra for shipping. And don't forget, you're still going to be buying all your parts and accessories from Canadian dealers, so you're helping them anyhow.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom