Where to get cylinders replated?

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Have a cylinder that needs to get replated, previous plate job was junk and its starting to flake off at the top of te cylinder at the o ring grove. Where is the best place to send it for it to be replated? Looking for fast turn around. Have it all boxed up and ready to go with the piston I will be using in it.

Looking to send it off tomorrow.

skrat

Reaction score
Mongoose engineering in Vancouver (I have gotten good work from them in the past)
Skylark metal in Calgary (haven't used them yet)
CVTech in Quebec (used to use them all of the time, but they have become hard to deal with)
Millenium technologies in Winnipeg (haven't used them but have herd good things from others)

LUCKY 7

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be real carefull dealing with Cv tech. had two rebuilt engines blow up within a ride or two this year. I heard the company was great in the past but now there are issues.

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Millenium Tech has a Dealer in Winnipeg,Fast Enterprises.Good work and quick turn around.Will custom plate to your specs.

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Agrisports in Regina sends the cylinders off but having the middle man would cost more money. I like the idea of millennium having lifetime warranty. I read it costs $209 for a replate.

CountryRider

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I would be real carefull dealing with Cv tech. had two rebuilt engines blow up within a ride or two this year. I heard the company was great in the past but now there are issues.

Did you break it in properly? Lots of guys i know who got there engines replated from them and blow up their engines is because they literally went full throttle on the first start up!

ippielb

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Contacted a few places today, millenium is still the best I think. May charge more but my last cylinder looked amazing. $300 for it replated and the ride there and back. Not too bad. I like the lifetime warranty. Would have saved me from paying for this replate since this job is flaking off around the edges...

slededjr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had great luck and service from cv tech for 12 years now. Used millenium a few times, no complaints.

doorfx

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Skylark metal in Calgary works out of his house. Shop is in his garage. Never had work done there

calgarysledguy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Skylark metal in Calgary works out of his house. Shop is in his garage. Never had work done there

I have used this guy. He did great work. Great to deal with. I had no problems. Cant remember how much. He will weld cracked cylinders and plate them.

Name is Jim 403 807 874seven

CRASH1000

Reaction score
He did a mono block for my ski-doo 1000 a few years ago. Good guy and very honest. Took block and new pistons to him to have it redone one evening called me back a few hours later saying all it needed was a light hone or polish (something like that) saving me hundreds of dollars. Not sure if he is doing it. Was 2 years ago. Put over 2000k on the motor no issue.

Top Bottom