Where to buy Mods ski's in Canada

blar

Reaction score
Can you buy mods ski's anywhere in Canada? Alberta?

neilsleder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Contact Deano670 on here he is a Mod ski dealer. And he is out of Leduc. I think tracks Canada sells them to but Curtis will be farming right now.

lewey

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
tracks canada doesn't sell them any more as far as i remember. i think it was last year i tried to buy another set and he said that they took too long to get in so he quit selling them. awesome ski though.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Have yet to sell a set the customer was unhappy with. Yes MAD MOTORSPORTS is the canadian dealer for MODS SKI'S.

Deano

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Are they that good
I've owned a LOT of different skis over the years, including Simmons, SLP, C&A, Slydogs, USI, etc. Hands down the MODS ski is the best powder ski I've ridden. For those who are not aware, they were originally designed and made in Sicamous, BC by Mike (Old Forge Manufacturing). The design hasn't changed since at least 1997 (my first pair), and it doesn't need to. It's like adding power steering to your sled, and handling / floatation is unmatched in powder snow on the sleds I've run them on: Ski-Doo S-chassis, ZX chassis, REV chassis, & Cat's M-series.
They do dart a bit on the trail, and the aluminum bridge will break if you hit something hard enough. If you run in low snow conditions the ski soles won't last as long as an all plastic ski. BUT, the soles are replaceable (at less cost then an all plastic ski sole), the carbides are inexpensive, and the ski just WORKS - plain and simple. Money well spent for a mountain sled IMHO.

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How wide are MODS? They've always interested me, might have to order a set to try this year vs the Gen III's on the machine now.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
They are 7" wide and with the dollar being strong these days, at this moment they would be $423.32 cad plus taxes and shipping. For anyone interested i will be placing an order this week.

Deano

MAD MOTORSPORTS

macronut

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've owned a LOT of different skis over the years, including Simmons, SLP, C&A, Slydogs, USI, etc. Hands down the MODS ski is the best powder ski I've ridden. For those who are not aware, they were originally designed and made in Sicamous, BC by Mike (Old Forge Manufacturing). The design hasn't changed since at least 1997 (my first pair), and it doesn't need to. It's like adding power steering to your sled, and handling / floatation is unmatched in powder snow on the sleds I've run them on: Ski-Doo S-chassis, ZX chassis, REV chassis, & Cat's M-series.
They do dart a bit on the trail, and the aluminum bridge will break if you hit something hard enough. If you run in low snow conditions the ski soles won't last as long as an all plastic ski. BUT, the soles are replaceable (at less cost then an all plastic ski sole), the carbides are inexpensive, and the ski just WORKS - plain and simple. Money well spent for a mountain sled IMHO.

Good post! Here are the pictures to go with Oldfart's description:

raceu4it

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't usually hijack a thread, but i do havea used set of mod ski's for a doo s-chassis, and the bottoms do have a hole in them. price $175 call 403-850-5266. Please continue on with the thread.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
don't usually hijack a thread, but i do havea used set of mod ski's for a doo s-chassis, and the bottoms do have a hole in them. price $175 call 403-850-5266. Please continue on with the thread.

Nice work LMAO

Top Bottom