Where to buy Av gas.

six buck

Reaction score
Where is everybody buying Aviation (100LL) fuel and what have you been paying. Last season we paid 1.87/L from our local airport. Havent checked this years price yet. And what is the best way to store a seasons worth of fuel.

moto5151

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I buy it from the airport as well. I was just thinking of buying a barrel before winter hits, and prices sky rocket. Let me know what prices are these days.

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Brandon petroleum in edmonton sells it by the drum. Not sure on prices this year but try them.

Deano

gibsons

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year in November I paid 1.40/L and in Feb it was up to 1.85. Called a couple weeks ago to see where it's at and looks to be 1.45 for now.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Blue wave energy in olds sells it last year was about 1.65 per liter

six buck

Reaction score
I see its probably best to buy early and lots of price variance around too. Our local municipal airport is very small and I often wonder how old there av is, or does that matter. Today I guess you cant drive too far to try and save 40 bucks on a 200 litre drum. I still think that it is better to mix 50% AV and 50% regular 87 oct. I don't trust our local 91 supply either. This mix ensures octane.

250mark1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Avgas is quite stable ( if stored properly ie in a metal container as plastic containers allow fuel vapors to escape throat the plastic ) I asked at blue wave last year and they said it would need to be retested for aviation purposes after 1 years and Is usually good for another year after that at least

Sammy

Reaction score
Not sure where you are located, but I always buy at the Villeneuve airport from Cardinal aviation. Haven't bought any this year so I can't comment on price. Villeneuve is about 15 minutes west of Edmonton on highway 633.

six buck

Reaction score
Contacted Brandon Petroleum in Edmonton. $1.40/ litre plus $50 dollar deposit on drum. That is the best price I can find anywhere. Thanks.

bighiter

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
last year in November I paid 1.40/L and in Feb it was up to 1.85. Called a couple weeks ago to see where it's at and looks to be 1.45 for now.

Where do you pick up your av 100LL here in Saskatoon? Are they easy to deal with and can you buy it by the barrel?

Building a turbo and gonna be running it on 100 % AV.

Used to buy av in PA for my race sleds, but it was a pain filling 5 gallon jugs each time.

Top Bottom