Where does a guy mount a license plate?

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
does this apply for riders from saskatchewan? In regards to atv's only, you cannot put plates on an atv is sask.
As well if you think it's a cash grab in alberta well in saskatchewan you have to pay an extra $50 onto your plates no questions asked in order to ride on the groomed trails. What really ticks me is they go ahead and make the trails where ever they want. For one instance they called a trail behind the house that my father and his friends made with their bare hands (and chainsaws) for hunting around 15 years ago. On another not i tend to stay as far away from the groomed trails cause not my style of riding on beaten iced paths. Havnt plated my sleds in at least 8 years.

does this make you special?

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So you're telling my i can not ride my quad on Alberta soil legally?

I was always told that you abide by your provinces laws for things like this. If saskatchewan doesn't plate ATV's then your good. Pretty hard to give a guy a fine when he can't get a plate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OHV COP

Reaction score
@ OHV COP

thanks for chiming in.

question, is there any plans for a sticker plate?

I would put one of them on the side of my side of my tunnel but there is no way I am gonna be drilling holes in my tunnel to mount a plate. I have tried the snow flap but it never stays there.

So you're telling my i can not ride my quad on Alberta soil legally?

Newmanater90, Sorry you may have not understood what I wrote as it is in AB leg. I was saying you can come to Alberta and ride as long as your OHV complies with your Prov local leg. So you are good to go!!!

skegpro: I am returning to the office Wed. I am going to make it my personal project to attempt something reasonable like a sticker. This will not be a quick process. I am now on it as it makes sense.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And if it were s sticker I would register it.

If it like a trailer plate.

from my HTC

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
is there a statuette of limitations on TeX 78 and what? is there any reward, i can give you his last known location if this would help in any way? i won't give him up unless there is torture involved!! OK that is enough \BEAVER FLATS. oh that is enough i can't take the pain. would there be any reward on his woman Jacquie" thre are those 4 states that are questionable

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking that $5 is reward enough to get this hardened criminal off the streets. good thing there is only one street in beaver flats. and it is probably one way?

would there b an all points bulletin shoot TeX on sight consider dangerous,

again would there b a reward?

snopro

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking that $5 is reward enough to get this hardened criminal off the streets. good thing there is only one street in beaver flats. and it is probably one way?

would there b an all points bulletin shoot TeX on sight consider dangerous,

again would there b a reward?

Better send in the sewer police as well Larry. Lol.

tex78

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
He rides a queen quad.

He couldn't catch my kid on his 110 cc quad.

Plus he old.

from my HTC

Snowmahn

Reaction score
Registering a vehicle yes.
Registering an OHV no because it does nothing to insure it's in safe operating condition as they never ever need to be inspected. So that excuse is BS!
It's a cash grab plain and simple. Law enforcement wants the plate and they want it on the rear so that they can see if it's registered which means it's was insured at the time of registration-nothing more. But on a sled or quad, chance of reading it are slim to none cuz they are covered in SNOW&MUD usually. So even that makes no sense.
Give me a lifetime plate, and I will insure it every year. You can ask me for my pink card any time!

Hey, how many of you have ever had a machine stolen, or know of someone who has? I had my sled stolen 3 years ago. I did have it registered and insured. Luckly i got my sled back ONLY BECAUSE I HAD IT REGISTERED. I reported it stolen, and approximately 2 months later, the police ran the VIN on my sled and were able to get it back to me. Because it was registered, (make/modle/vin/owner information) The police told me that if it had been sold a number of times, and someone tried to register it, it would come back as stolen.

It is a pain in the butt to have everything registered, but it does help to track stolen machines like mine. I was fortunate enough to get mine back, because i took the time to register it. Had i not registered it, i would not have seen my sled again.

Food for thought.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't disagree with registration at all.
I'm just saying as it is an OHV and not subject to inspections a one time sticker is good enough.

suzuki_ryder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey, how many of you have ever had a machine stolen, or know of someone who has? I had my sled stolen 3 years ago. I did have it registered and insured. Luckly i got my sled back ONLY BECAUSE I HAD IT REGISTERED. I reported it stolen, and approximately 2 months later, the police ran the VIN on my sled and were able to get it back to me. Because it was registered, (make/modle/vin/owner information) The police told me that if it had been sold a number of times, and someone tried to register it, it would come back as stolen.

It is a pain in the butt to have everything registered, but it does help to track stolen machines like mine. I was fortunate enough to get mine back, because i took the time to register it. Had i not registered it, i would not have seen my sled again.

Food for thought.

I have insurance for a new one. I'd rather not have my rat bagged stolen sled back. I've seen how 90% of stolen sleds look like after recovery. The expression " ride it like you stole it" doesn't mean keep it in working order if you know what I mean.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Redturbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was in Valemount last winter, there was couple RC's walking around the Allen creek parking lot. They were checking for ins, plates, etc. The Cop told me, that mounting the lic plate to the snow flap isnt right. As the snow flap can come off, must be on the tunnel. I said nothing, but there is no way Im putting that ugly plate on the tunnel. The sled is insured, has reg & plate. The plate is in the nose of the sled, somebody wants to see, fine. Mounting the plate isnt going to stop it from being stolen, recovered, or safe.

drew562

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Till they make it a sticker I will never mount a plate on my sled. Quads are all registered. The only sled I have a plate for is the woman's. that way they hassle me not her. In bc I've never had a problem. I ride lots around lake isle and ab beach. If i can see the police coming I casually go the other way real fast. Other wise I take the ticket.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a couple calls in. Just waiting for some answers.

Can you please tell me if my plate mounted to the snowflap is acceptable? After all it is the title of the thread and and you seem to have the answers. Thanks in advance. Joholio.

OHV COP

Reaction score
Can you please tell me if my plate mounted to the snowflap is acceptable? After all it is the title of the thread and and you seem to have the answers. Thanks in advance. Joholio.

Yes on the flap you are golden!

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes on the flap you are golden!

The problem with putting them on the flap is that you will probably be buying a new plate before you know it because it gets torn off in deep snow. And if you reverse and the flap gets pulled into the track it's a damaged plate which adds to the premature loss.

Riveting them on the tunnel just leads to the plate getting rubbed out by the boots and then it looks like hell.
I will continue carry my plates & insurance in my windshield / tunnel bag.

Top Bottom