Where does a guy mount a license plate?

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I for one am not a fan of drilling holes to mount a license plate, so i didnt mount mine. I just put it under the seat with the manual and I've never been hassled. Tell you the truth i don't think i've ever even carried mine in AB.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361910343.527429.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361910321.397875.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1361910321.397875.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 549

vodoo103

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My bud has his on top of his side panel with a couple thumb screws. Ugly but works.

I've even quit carrying mine on my sled, but haven't been stopped either. Who knows how cranky they'll be if they stop me.

Staple_STI

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't ride an Xm.. but I also keep mine in my backpack. Never had an issue.

The snowflap doesn't seem like a good idea when it is buried under the track and 4 feet down in a trench.

signedge

Reaction score
Like the one guy said flip the seat and it fits in under the manual. I've been asked and when I flip the seat they are fine with it. I keep a copy of insurance and reg there quick and easy. Unless the guy is an absolute !?}#
The flap won't last a weekend then you have to pay for another plate
your ridin a doo they'll never catch you. Bahaha!
Good Luck

Iron Horse Racing

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Strathcona RCMP...AGAIN...gave me a warning, as it was under the seat.....two weeks later, he spoted me unloading and when I pulled the plate out and was mounting on the mud flap he just stared, then walked away....said it has to be visible....but it's the County of Strathcona....."though shalt not have fun"

Barry Barton

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a ticket a few years ago for not having one I forgot my fault 2 weeks later same police and got a warning ticket for having my plate on the side of the sled on the running board. Said it's been their for years he said it has to be on the front or the back just like a car so I asked what would happen if the plate is covered with snow which can only take minutes when riding. He then told me u could get a ticket for the plate being obstucted from view and I commented that's a crock he said thats the law so we are screwed if we have a plate or not if u have it on the back.

mareshow

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
got a ticket a few years ago for not having one I forgot my fault 2 weeks later same police and got a warning ticket for having my plate on the side of the sled on the running board. Said it's been their for years he said it has to be on the front or the back just like a car so I asked what would happen if the plate is covered with snow which can only take minutes when riding. He then told me u could get a ticket for the plate being obstucted from view and I commented that's a crock he said thats the law so we are screwed if we have a plate or not if u have it on the back.

I would have politely told that cop to screw off, its power trippers like that, that give cops a bad name. Strathcona county is really bad for crap like that. Although its horrible advice, what works best is to simply not get caught, because sometimes there is absolutely no pleasing them. Its just a cash grab after all.

LBZ

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Like the one guy said flip the seat and it fits in under the manual. I've been asked and when I flip the seat they are fine with it. I keep a copy of insurance and reg there quick and easy. Unless the guy is an absolute !?}#
The flap won't last a weekend then you have to pay for another plate
your ridin a doo they'll never catch you. Bahaha!
Good Luck

X2
I do the same.

High Velocity

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't ride an Xm.. but I also keep mine in my backpack. Never had an issue.

The snowflap doesn't seem like a good idea when it is buried under the track and 4 feet down in a trench.

I also keep my plate, registration, and insurance in my backpack. Years ago, on my '01 RMK, I riveted it to the side of the tunnel and my boots wore the stickers off it. Been in my backpack ever since.

Sent from my iPad when I should be sledding.

mxz sledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had the same issues at Alberta Beach my 01 mxz mount to the tunnel big hassle Renshall park ranger give us a hassle having under the seat went Alberta beach broke down and drill 2 holes in my 2010 backcountry just behind the bumper form the plate to fit in the little concave space there finally peace

Snowmahn

Reaction score
I was on my way back from Bruderheim yesterday, when the county mounties stopped us. I have my license plate mounted on the side of my sled, just below the seat. He was happy that it was visible and did not give us any problems. Showed my papers, and i was back riding in no time!

Top Bottom