Where Can I buy a Herbicide like Par 3 in Lloydminster?

woody_tobius_jr

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Malathion 500ml bottles are on sale at the Peave for 16.99, in case anyone is interested.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere the best way to prevent weeds on a new lawn is to spay before you spread seed. I'm goin to try this next time. For now I'll try cutting a few times first before l spray anything as mentioned.just heard somewhere that the curtail wasn't as harmful as the trillion, any differences?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had another question, I already have nufarm trillion, is curtail a different product? I want to kill weeds on a new lawn that was freshly seeded.

They are different and both are not recommended for seedling grasses. A quick trip to the farm store to talk to an agronomist will get you in the right direction. Depending on the weeds you are killing will effect what you spray but there are chemicals out there for seedling grasses. I have used different ones on fields seeded down to pasture.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I read somewhere the best way to prevent weeds on a new lawn is to spay before you spread seed. I'm goin to try this next time. For now I'll try cutting a few times first before l spray anything as mentioned.just heard somewhere that the curtail wasn't as harmful as the trillion, any differences?

Coverage with glyphosate will help control the weeds growing and give the grass a start to get ahead of the Grass. Give the ground about three days to absorb the Glyphosate. There is no residual with glyphosate so it will not effect seedlings from growing.

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ya spray roundup , how long do ya have to wait to plant seed then?wouldnt that prevent anything from growing after?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
If ya spray roundup , how long do ya have to wait to plant seed then?wouldnt that prevent anything from growing after?

Round up is a trade mark name for a Monsanto product. Glyphosate is the active ingredient in Round-up.

Anyway to answer your question Glyphosate is neutralized when it comes into contact with the soil. It only kills what is growing at that time. The plant that it comes into contact with will take the chemical down to the roots and kill or suppress the plant.

Some plants like grasses that you WANT to kill will only suppress with spring applications. Grasses and Canada thistle for example will kill better when sprayed in the fall. You can however Tank mix or buy products pre mixed that will offer a residual that will create a barrier that certain plants can't grow through.

For example:Wheat or Barley will grow through residual chemicals where as Canola won't.

If you want to get a start to your grasses I would spray Glyphosate of no more than 2mils per 10 square ft. It doesn't take a lot of chemical to kill. I spray .5-1L per acre of 360gram active ingredient Glyphosate. The stuff you get in the Big Box store is a lot less active ingredient. It will usually say grams active ingredient in some form of salt.

So if you were using a 15Gal sprayer tank mix in about 200mils and spray on 200square meters or 2150square ft. If you go the direct plant spray method you can drench the plant and your good.

You can then roto till and plant you grass seed 2-3 days after chemical treatment as the plants have taken in the chemical and will die from the root and any excess chemical will have neutralized itself in the dirt.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
https://www.homedepot.ca/en/home/p.grass-and-weed-control-concentrate-1-l.1000173103.html

If you zoom into the Guarantee on the bottom right corner you will see Glyphosate of 143grams present as Isoproplyamine Sa.

This is your active ingredient. The AG stuff is anywhere from 360 gram up to 540 grams so a lot stronger.

It also saids on the lower left side that it treats 400 square meters or 4305 Square ft.

So this 1L jug from HD would be equivalent to 400mils of 360gram active ingredient bought from a farm store.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Had to edit that a couple times. Everything I do is on large scale in comparison to a small lawn.

Hope this works for ya.

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I should also point out that an severe overdose will over power the soils ability to neutralize the chemicals and will take a couple years to recover before it will grow again.

Top Bottom