Where Can I buy a Herbicide like Par 3 in Lloydminster?

brendon444

Reaction score
Recently purchased an acreage and need to spray the weeds. Wondering where I can buy some type of weed killer like par 3? Priced out products like concentrated killex but reading the application rates seems it would cost a lot of money. Hoping I can purchase something else from a farm supply store or something but not sure where to go.

Thanks

buckie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The new Holland dealer had it way back when not even sure if they are still there or not but worth a try

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

-lenny-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Try UFA, got some Par 3 at the one in Mayerthorpe this spring.

brendon444

Reaction score
Got some "Curtail M" to use on the lawn and wondering if any one has any experience using this on lawns or if I should be using it as im skeptical.

CatMan16

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Got some "Curtail M" to use on the lawn and wondering if any one has any experience using this on lawns or if I should be using it as im skeptical.

It works well. I used it on my lawn and it cleans up the weeds very well. My boss has an acreage and he just gave me a small bottle of it to mix up.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Curtail M is what we use. Its quite effective on the dandelions and clover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brendon444

Reaction score
What rate are you mixing it at? Or how much should I dilute it? Going to try and spot spray with it using a backpack sprayer to start.

BCAV

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
we use curtail M around the farm lots and its great for killing weeds and not killing the lawn the local golf course uses it there aswell i dunno an exact rate but if a jug is good for 80 acres that would mean one jug for every 800 l of water. so in a hand sprayer a couple of cups should be plenty

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtain m will stunt the grass if it's mixed to strong. A cup 250 ml in 2-3 gal should be lots. Best to spray dandelions in fall just before freeze up with curtain m to kill them.

Joholio

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
curtain m will stunt the grass if it's mixed to strong. A cup 250 ml in 2-3 gal should be lots. Best to spray dandelions in fall just before freeze up with curtain m to kill them.

I currently mow my place and old neighbour Gordys to the north(for Luckys). My place has had the CurtailM and his has not. My mower works double time to barely keep up at his place where my place needs to be cut longer, I asked with approval to spray it up there so my Cub Cadet will get an easier life. Mowing grass is better than mowing weeds.

iceman5689

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I use Factor 540, you will have to ask a buddy who farms to get you're hand on this product. Works great.

kovs

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Definately agree to get rid of the weeds- with weeds being killed off its nice if the grass is healthy still and fills in some.
I use it on my lawn. Stunted some grass last yr. only had to cut it like once a month was still greenish but not lush green like normal lol

Denali

Reaction score
curtail works great on all broadleaf weeds. Proper mix ratio for Curtail is 770ml for 50 litres. I have mixed it stronger and it won't stunt grass. you won't want to get it on trees or any bedding plants. They will get stunted. but trees would need lots of drift to do much damage. if you can find Grazeon it is also meant for pasture and will kill weeds in grass

f7sp

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had another question, I already have nufarm trillion, is curtail a different product? I want to kill weeds on a new lawn that was freshly seeded.

Puba

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
UFA.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

Cat401

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I also had another question, I already have nufarm trillion, is curtail a different product? I want to kill weeds on a new lawn that was freshly seeded.

be careful, I don't think you should spray a freshly seeded lawn till after the 3 or 4rth cut

Top Bottom