Where am I???

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Seems weird to be here...I feel like I took a wrong turn somewhere :rolleyes: anyone got a map....???

BUT, this Doo girl is taking the plunge for the 2011 season and gonna set her azz on a Cat!! :eek:

T&T Powersports and Arctic Cat are putting up two rides for the Sledbetties team riders this year and I am lucky enough to be one of those gals!

I know nothing about Cats, and feel pretty informed about my Doo...I'm a research junky and read everything I can on my ride...but this came as a shocker obviously and there's been no time to learn my new ride LOL.

Feel free to offer tips and suggestions to help me get to know my ride! I'm gonna research all your threads and find what I can too...and I sure hope I'm not a doofus on it :eek:

sledderdoc

Super Senior Member
Reaction score
Can Team Doo Over be sponsered too Terry ................... We'd even change the name to Team Cat Nip. :beer::d:beer:

mur190

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll love it... no if ands or well you know....
I'm sure theres a slight possibility that ill be gettin you some parts over the winter months...
(I'm in the parts dept. at T&T.)

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
you'll love it... no if ands or well you know....
I'm sure theres a slight possibility that ill be gettin you some parts over the winter months...
(I'm in the parts dept. at T&T.)

Hey mur, I sure hope you're getting me parts...at least I hope I can ride it like I stole it :rolleyes:

Looking forward to the season...hope we don't see each other too much...but enough to know we're working the rides LOL.

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will love the sled. It'll probably take a little bit to get used to as it rides and handles totally different than a doo. But thats an awesome machine. What model of M8 are you going to be riding?

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You will love the sled. It'll probably take a little bit to get used to as it rides and handles totally different than a doo. But thats an awesome machine. What model of M8 are you going to be riding?

I'm gonna be a newbie :rolleyes: all over again LOL.

Sno Pro 153. :D

koby

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's it then - The M8 is officially a chick sled :d

Just got one for my wife. She's all "I'm gonna kick your azz so bad" chit talkin.

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well that's it then - The M8 is officially a chick sled :d

Just got one for my wife. She's all "I'm gonna kick your azz so bad" chit talkin.

Great news for your wife Koby!!! :D

Us gals like to talk smack alot :rolleyes:

Hubby said if he hears any more about how 'good the girls are' he's changing teams LOL :p

Shredder

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Very cool. I'm sure you'll be a born again Kitty lover. I can't remember the last sled I had that I really had no interest in getting rid of for a new model. But I love my old '08 M8.:d:d

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Nice. That'll be a great ride. Are you going to leave it totally stock or do some minor mods?

We're going to do some mods...not sure what all Cats need, but I'm hoping T&T knows LOL.

I think a ski change, vents, can...not sure what else is planned. All new to me and I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, and some sick graphics :cool:

glengine

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
We're going to do some mods...not sure what all Cats need, but I'm hoping T&T knows LOL.

I think a ski change, vents, can...not sure what else is planned. All new to me and I'm open to suggestions.

Oh, and some sick graphics :cool:

What i'd recommend is a good set of side vents, Big intake air horn, slp air snorkel hose delete, good torsional secondary clutch kit. Also drop the rearsusp front arm mount into the bottom hole and also the rear to the bottom hole. Remove all foam from under the hood and heat tape the hood in necessary area's. Heat tape the whole intake system on the hood even around the headlights.

stormtrooper

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
What i'd recommend is a good set of side vents, Big intake air horn, slp air snorkel hose delete, good torsional secondary clutch kit. Also drop the rearsusp front arm mount into the bottom hole and also the rear to the bottom hole. Remove all foam from under the hood and heat tape the hood in necessary area's. Heat tape the whole intake system on the hood even around the headlights.

Just curious ... why the front and rear to the lower mount? This won't trench more in deep snow? I currently have rear at lower mount and front rear skid spring set at very low preload (3/8 if I remember right) to minimize attack angle.

670rider

Reaction score
if you want a good place to get to learn your ride come up to princeton and go up to a place call whipsaw great ride !!!! must come

0neoldfart

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Congrats on the sled - you will enjoy it. Althogh the track is a touch narrower, it is more nimble (I rode doo for years and bought an M just to try something different) No complaints thus far...
T&T is an awesome place to deal with - very knowledgeable and customer service oriented - my next sled(s) will come from there...
Mods? - pretty much follow glengine's advice and you'll be on the right track. I've tried a few different skis on the M-chassis ( SLP Powder Pros, Slydogs, Simmons (gen 1), USI Triple threats, C&A Pros, and MODS). The hands down favorite is MODS, USI Triple Threats and Powder Pros tied for second. The rest are no better then the stock ski IMHO...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just curious ... why the front and rear to the lower mount? This won't trench more in deep snow? I currently have rear at lower mount and front rear skid spring set at very low preload (3/8 if I remember right) to minimize attack angle.

good question...always wonder the right set up to get ya up on the snow....can't be trenching. Ride some pretty deep stuff :)

if you want a good place to get to learn your ride come up to princeton and go up to a place call whipsaw great ride !!!! must come

Thanks for the info :) We have some pretty sweet areas here so we don't get out of the valley often :D Haven't considered Princeton before...

Taminator

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So, what are the front bumpers like on these things?? Doo bumbers are a little flimsy :( what about the Cat ones?

And curious if the snow elimination on the boards is good...gotta have good elimination with all the pow out here :rolleyes:

Need skis good for the pow too.....trails don't matter...as long as I can stay on them that's all I need, don't need a good ski for the trail, I'm fine with darting and bad handling as long as I can ride the steep and deep :cool:

Top Bottom