When is the last day?

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm contemplating breaking a sled down over the saddle again this year you locals up for one last ride. Whats the condition of the trail, the snow up top?

What do you say Barry?

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Buddies rode lucille last weekend, unloading at 3.5, still made it into butterfly and larva and beyond, naturally its rock hard set up , but hey you're sledin in may. Going up next wednesday night, riding thursday friday

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
So I'm contemplating breaking a sled down over the saddle again this year you locals up for one last ride. Whats the condition of the trail, the snow up top?

What do you say Barry?
we are going to do one more, not sure if this weekend or the following. will let you know later.
need to do clean-up at the renshaw cabin and surronding area.

heyjude

RIP Judy
Reaction score
Website
www.mountainhavenbb.vpweb.com
we are going to do one more, not sure if this weekend or the following. will let you know later.
need to do clean-up at the renshaw cabin and surronding area.

Barry, Rod and Steve have decided that their last Renshaw ride will be on Saturday, June 2nd.

They will be leaving town at 9:00 am, with quads pulling sleds up to the snow line. A cleanup of the cabin and then off to play.

Anyone wishing to join the group is welcome. If you have any questions, you can PM bbtoys.

Last edited:

007sevens

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well we went anyway.

Sorry we missed seeing you Judy and Barry.

The weather played into our hands Saturday, we had sun sun sun. My eyes couldn't adjust it was so bright. We unloaded at 23km of course on the McKale. Snow up top is about 4-6ft, lakes just starting to open up.

There is a huge landslide on the trail passable only by single place trailers and quads or side by side. I think its just mud and rock washed down from above. I didn't catch exactly where but around 10km or so I think. The wildlife is eating the plywood patches on the bridges so something to watch for. Pesky little fuggers.

Just an update on conditions, sorry forgot the camera no pics for ya.

hughie

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Was up lucille thursday and friday, thursday was clear blue skies most of the day, unloaded at about km 5, rode about 300yds of gravel, f@ck all really, good 5-6 feet of snow all around still, made it into butterfly and all the way to the top of the peak on the back side of larva, cant complain for june 1st, still a few weeks of june riding up there for sure

Too Many Toys

Reaction score
We too had our last ride June 1,2 up the Renshaw. Weather was good. A few pics. M1180001.jpg

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still no snow to km 27 on the renshaw. someone said summer was over so i went up to check.
hardly no garbage to pick-up so thanks for packing it out.
mudslide at 5.2 is a fairly big one and the washout at 11 is not going to be fun to fix.
oh and we still have two bridge decks to replace before the snow falls. don't think we will have enough time to do it all.

Last edited:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
still no snow to km 27 on the renshaw. someone said summer was over so i went up to check.
hardly no garbage to pick-up so thanks for packing it out.
mudslide at 5.2 is a fairly big one and the washout at 11 is not going to be fun to fix.
oh and we still have two bridge decks to replace before the snow falls. don't think we will have enough time to do it all.

Just send out the word and we will be there to help! Just purchased my own skidsteer if required....

bbtoys

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks for the offer, we have to wait now to see how much $$$ is av. and wait for it to dry out, don't want to fix it and a bunch more come down. will stay in touch.
now there is a major washout at 3 on Lucille and 2 big slides on Belle.

Last edited:

Bounce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Planning a quad trip your way for around the 15th of August, will stay in touch!

Top Bottom