What's up with the weather?

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Boat is supposed to go into the shop for some minor warranty work next Thursday.....sure gonna look goofy towing boat in the snow...lots of ice fishing jokes coming if my friends see me.:)

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Got home last night from Sunny BC and was shocked at how much snow we had. My truck pretty much had to be dug out...lol..

There were lots of vehicles in the ditch from Red Deer to Edmonton and lots of marks where others had been pulled out.

Summitric sure knows how to drive, the wind tried to push us off the road last night and he "man-handled" the truck and trailer to keep it on the road...great driving Ric.

Attachments

• IMG_0106_1.jpg
    IMG_0106_1.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 187
  • IMG_0102_1.jpg
    IMG_0102_1.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 197
  • IMG_0105_1.jpg
    IMG_0105_1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 183

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It looks like it will be another month for me but i was trying to egg on my neighbor to take his river boat out last week-end on the North Sask. river.....he wouldn't go for it......p*ssy.

Murminator

Timber King
Reaction score
gee I shoulda taken some pics of the 50 or so in the ditch around north battleford. It was 1 lane down the middle of the hiway at least 18"-2 feet on the shoulders 1 truck with 2 dirt bikes in the back on the shoulder with the snow to the mirror on the side facing the hiway :eek:

Rubicon

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Gotta love Alberta..... shorts one day, insulated covies the next. Bring on the open water!!!!!!!! :waterskiing:

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Would not believe it snow last week been raining here for the last 2 days the only things that are happy are the ducks

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The ice is off the lake here in Chestermere, I should be wet in the next week or so, but it will be a Dry Suit day for sure, you think snowmobiling is cold try water sports in Alberta! now thats cold chit,
Suposed to rain all week so I dont want to take it out of storage until the sun is shine n! 2 years ago I just finished a 4 hour shampoo and polish before storage for the winter and it was like Oct 20 and it was 15 degrees or so on the Saturday when I cleaned so I left it in the shop over nite to dry and I woke up to 20cms of the white stuff and I had to drive from calgary to Okotoks for storage, now that was a chitty and painful day,

BigRed800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
About 10 Yrs Ago I Took A Couple Of Die Hard Skiers Out May 12 They Had Wet Suits On They Only Wiped Out Once As Thet Turned Blue Crazy Buggers

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
Still ice on Pigeon Lake but if your really wanting to get in the water then you head to Wabamun. Because of the electricity plants dumping warm water in the lake the water is open now (and part of the lake throughout most of the winter)

About 10 Yrs Ago I Took A Couple Of Die Hard Skiers Out May 12 They Had Wet Suits On They Only Wiped Out Once As Thet Turned Blue Crazy Buggers

Superford

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I talked to a guy at the waterski club @ Wizard and they are 100% clear now. I will be out this Saturday for a quick rip to burn some of last seasons gas off. May even go for a quick kneeboard if I am feeling brave.

gforce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
holy shrinkage thats gonna be cold...gonna need red hot 100 for sure after that.have fun

SnowBunny25

Reaction score
When I was younger my dad would take me out to Pigeon just after the ice broke. Fully clothed and there were no other boats in site. Nobody had their docks in the water yet. I'll never forget that. I am anxious to get out soon.

SLEDBUNNYRACING

Bad Bunny
Administrator
Reaction score
Website
www.sledbunnyracing.com
A few years ago summitric and myself had our kids out around breakup. The ice had pushed up on the dock (southeast side) and it was very cool (and cold too). Anyway a very very large piece of ice broke off while we were there and fell into the water....huge WoW effect for the kids.
Great lake, love hanging out there.

Top Bottom