what's up with Arctic Cat... outlook doesn't look great?

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Well... I'm not saying it's right to do business that way, but even from my own low level experience in some less desirable parts of the world I can see how big companies with multi million dollar contracts at stake can go down that road...

I don't care about hookers and blow. I'd do that too if it meant extra work. I know guys that say you can't haul water in gp without paying certain people off.

a lot more too it than that with SC lavalin though.

don't have time to get into it right now, but here's a Lil sample.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ARAB&usg=AOvVaw0wWwIlfWOjercp4yi9jmuL&ampcf=1

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I don't care about hookers and blow. I'd do that too if it meant extra work. I know guys that say you can't haul water in gp without paying certain people off.

a lot more too it than that with SC lavalin though.

don't have time to get into it right now, but here's a Lil sample.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...ARAB&usg=AOvVaw0wWwIlfWOjercp4yi9jmuL&ampcf=1

It's a good read...Most of the time I like to support Canadian companies . At least we're #1 in something!

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Not even a joke anymore Larry. Different company for the 24,000th time.

ha! and after the 24,001 it is still relevant, maybe don't take it so personal.

so Ken looks like you have some sort of burr under your saddle? like to say what is causing you so much pain? you were sore saying my vote in Red deer was going o cancel your vote in Milo! sorry not going to happen! , now your taking offence to a mundane comment on BRP. care to say what is truly bothering you so much? Stress, Trudy, $$$, must be something?

Last edited:

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's a good read...Most of the time I like to support Canadian companies . At least we're #1 in something!

Im not a big fan of Quebec, altough I have many friends out there.

brp makes a good product IMO, that's why I buy their chit.

if someone in western Canada built a decent sled, I'd buy that.

but might get a cat this season, going to be some killer deals
out there.

textRon is even worse than SC lavalin Imo
but what you gonna do? only a few company build sleds, not many options out there

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
ha! and after the 24,001 it is still relevant, maybe don't take it so personal

BRP is definatly separate entity but the last time I was in Valcourt there was heavy advertising of Northstar (I believe that is the name of the labor broker).
Big black (blue?) and orange sign, stars on upper right of sign....labor supplied through......and yes the sign was on the south lawn not a billboard. (Factory not the museum)
They supplied labor(not sure of % supplied)...... oh and that would be the heavily subsidized labor.
There is dirt everywhere and BRP is jut as slimy (Which parts are made in Mexico -was right in the factory tour video-or has that been stopped)as the rest, - subsidized.....well not directly but ya there was govt tax dollars supporting the operation of BRP after the split. Chew on that before the next shot of doo-laid. :smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot::smiliestirthepot:
No sure if this still goes on??

Hopefully Cat does not fold up, the more competition between OEs the better for us consumers.
Sucks for family owned Cat dealers, this is going to kick the shat out of consumer confidence to buy Cat.

Last edited:

imdoo'n

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
BRP is definatly separate entity but the last time I was in Valcourt there was heavy advertising of Northstar (I believe that is the name of the labor broker).
Big black (blue?) and orange sign, stars on upper right of sign....labor supplied through......and yes the sign was on the south lawn not a billboard. (Factory not the museum)
They supplied labor(not sure of % supplied)...... oh and that would be the heavily subsidized labor.
There is dirt everywhere and BRP is jut as slimy (Which parts are made in Mexico or has that been stopped)as the rest, - subsidized.....well not directly but ya there was govt tax dollars supporting the operation of BRP after the split.
No sure if this still goes on??

Hopefully Cat does not fold up, the more competition between OEs the better for us consumers.
Sucks for family owned Cat dealers, this is going to kick the shat out of consumer confidence to buy Cat.

i think there is more to what is truly bothering kenny than this slight dither!

snochuk

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yes Quebec and BRP are not saints, there is no denying it.

But this thread is about Cat going belly up though.

Yes and hopefully that does not happen.
Somebody over there at Textron needs to do way better in the PR/consumer confidence section.
Five year business plan would be nice.

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Somebody over there at Textron needs to do way better in the PR/consumer confidence section.
Five uear business plan would be nice.

Textron isn't going broke, but they probably will dump Arctic Cat. Maybe Yamaha will buy them out? that would be a best case I would think.

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Textron isn't going broke, but they probably will dump Arctic Cat. Maybe Yamaha will buy them out? that would be a best case I would think.

BRP will buy them out and dissect them until there is nothing left. Only keeping any valuable Tech. Then burying the name forever. That's what I would do. Shouldn't be a problem with good old fashion subsidized tax payer's money!!

Last edited:

kanedog

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Kanedog 2015-2019, thanks for the good times S&M!
I don’t think they gonna fold. They aren’t losing money, they have the infrastructure, great business minds, factory capacity and a wide open marketplace. It’s a bit of a recession now. They can weather the storm and have the foresight to change the traditional ways to sell and manufacture sleds. I want to work for them. It would be so easy to make a lightweight, super efficient, simple to manufacture sled. Cat hire me. I’ll do the first month for free. Don’t like my ideas, don’t pay. I can help. I have a crazy, out of the box thinking brain when it comes to sleds. The industry is using way old technology. Actually, I quit. I can’t stand beaurocracy(Sp), backstabbing and company ladder climbers present in the workplace.
And that my friends, was my five minutes working for cat. Haha

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Five year business plan would be nice.

Five more years of hemorrhaging Textron money into a bottomless arctic cat pit? You must take the board of directors at Textron as fools. They'll give em one more year at best to turn it around. After that the hammer comes down!!

lilduke

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Yeah I bet they will be spending all kinds of money on R&D this year.....

jpmez69

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Their not hemorrhoiding money. Maybe not making a whole lot but not losing.

Their completely upside down in the the deep red. They have been for years. Having to drop their pants at a fire sale price selling themselves to a soulless corperation was the last thing they wanted to do. They had no choice. (loosing complete control over their future) They where literally drowning and Textron threw them a life line. You're drunk to think otherwise!!

Top Bottom