What's The Real Fix?

Newgen

Reaction score
My motor finally grenaded on my '10 D8 Assault. Ive ordered the spacer/piston fix. Im running a pcv with a zero map and an auto tuner. Im only starting a new thread because there are so many different suggestions on a "fix", but no one has really said that a certain "fix" is the answer and that they are happy with what they've done.

I'd like to think that I will be riding this chassis only until the end of this season anyways, but that is only a hope right now.

Please help!!!

StewartsDragon

Reaction score
The pms fix kit/ mtntk. Is the answer from chris at parkland. My dad has that in his dragon and has about 400-800 kms on it. And its still running like a dream.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
My motor went last year and I did the fix kit as well. I also put on an SLP pipe set, v force reeds, power commander 5 with SLP stage 2 tune. I have a SLP blue pink spring and epi belly buster 64 gram weights and geared it 19/42. Then i put on a camoplast 163 peak 2.5. The sled flat out rips. I have already put on 650 miles this year and still runs perfect, 138 psi in each cylinder.

You will be amazed at how much better it will run with these kits.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just picked up our dragons from Chris at Parkland Motorsports yesterday. He Installed the pms fix kit, 13.1 head, lighter exhaust valve springs, power commander. Havn't got a chance to ride them a whole lot but you can already tell that they're going to be much better, they start better, idle better, don't die when you put them in reverse and more snap in the throttle. If you are going to take it to anyone take It to Chris at Parkland Motorsports.

Last edited:

Newgen

Reaction score
I talked to the boys at New Age Powersports in Weyburn, and they said that the MTX kit I'm going to put in will work fine once they put the proper map in my PCV. I might do the slp pipe/can combo as well.

I ran the slp can (no pipe) down here with 10-68's and an MBRP can with 10-62's up in Mcbride area when I head west.

not sure if I mentioned that I have VF3 reeds and long tracked it to a 155" with a 19 tooth top sprocket, Havent touched the clutches at all.

Should I do the Clutching or the slp pipe next?

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Install the Mnt Tek kit in it and have your ECM reflashed to the 08 Polaris map then ride it and see what you think.The kit is good for 5hp and 200rpm because of the extra compression you will get.If your V force reeds are chipped put your stock ones back in,they will last longer.You will like the way it will run,quieter with more snap to it mine runs great.

Newgen

Reaction score
Should a guy check the squish and possibly get the head machined?

Newgen

Reaction score
Should be good with the updated Polaris head(low comp).
good for regular or premium fuel?

I've been told that the specs are .055" for Prem and .065" for regular

timbo

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I only run Shell Premium with wires unplugged but I have a SLP pipe.All Reg gas has Ethanol in it,too many issues.

sledwhore

Reaction score
Has anyone tried rk tek pistons looking for a fix without the spacer

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I wouldnt call the Rk Tek a fix, its just better quality pistons with tighter tolerances. Stay away from it and get the kit with the spacer. You wont be disappointed!!

sledwhore

Reaction score
I will be disappointed when I have to mod my steering post so that i will be able to clear the exhaust valves, an does the fix kit up the compression if they say its making more power? Want to keep fairly low for boost So if I can just do drop in pistons that are designed to fix polaris's shitty design I would way rather go that route

Lowlife82

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't another major problem the wiring for ignition and the way it will start to fire both plugs at same time? Know of lots of guys with the fix and still blow up. Once they found a good wiring harness presto they didn't blow up every 400km.

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Isn't another major problem the wiring for ignition and the way it will start to fire both plugs at same time? Know of lots of guys with the fix and still blow up. Once they found a good wiring harness presto they didn't blow up every 400km.

Never heard of that.

dragonweld28

Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

It wouldnt even run then. so it wouldnt blow up

retiredpop

Active VIP Member
Reaction score

Two stroke engines always fire both plugs at the same time. Even the three cylinder ones fired all of them at the same time. The thinking is that it doesn't matter if you fire the plug that is not coming up on compression stroke because there is no fuel to ignite in that cylinder.

Justin_sane

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
My wiring harness caused my engine failure as far as I can tell. However mine was due to a short in the chassis harness. I havent dug to deep into it to find the short yet.

Blackzed

Reaction score
Got a few hundred miles on my kit now with bikeman heads and pipe with a jaws can worked very well.pulled hard and happy with fuel mileage and power

Top Bottom