Whats the deal with helmet cams?

scrfce

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
thanks take the bounce...i had no idea of this. i got vids that were takin off years ago because of the copy laws. i havent had music to a vid in years...loli mostly prefer this anyhow. i rarely edit too. what happened...happened...LMAO. i have a ton of vids on youtube of me breakin down, gettin stuck, hittin trees. like fawk i care. id like to see unedited versions of pro riders...it would be awesome. i have since found out by usin my helmet cam, i talk to myself. i also have a pretty decent temper and a wide vocabulary of profane words....lollike this one:story- went down in a bowl that took 2 hrs to get out of. over 40 runs (2 guys), 4 stucks. there wasnt a TRACK in this bowl...what you see in this vid is ALL us..LMAOMade it Out - YouTubeembarrasin as fawk, but its still talked about to this day...LOLM8 HCR Tree Smash - YouTube
haha buddy u gettin outta the bowl is hilarious, thats a good watch

moyiesledhead

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You can actually use many songs of your choice now.

I'd be betting against it with what I used.

Red Hot Chili Peppers - Snow
Red Rider - Lunatic Fringe
Molly Hatchett - Flurtin with Disaster
Ram Jam - Black Betty
Queen - Another One Bites The Dust
Corb Lund - The Truck Got Stuck

Bet it wouldn't stay there long.

cutter2100

Reaction score
As a new rider on everything.....dirtbikes.....quads......and snowmobiles, it's fun to watch the videos and see the growths in abilities as you go. It is also a hoot to catch either yourself and or your buddies wiping out as well. Makes for some great footage!! Some clips get edited and hit the internet, but mostly so the buddies can watch and laugh about it all.
It does suck if there is only one camera......it's pretty amazing when everyone has one!! :beer:

thammer

Reaction score
you dont have to be a good rider to own one, its just nice in the long summers to be able to watch it and remember what a good time it was while you were there

Dragin

Reaction score
I got a helmet cam because taking pictures and video while out riding is a pain in the ass and takes up way to much of my riding time. With the helmet cam just hit record and everything a guy does is on video. Afterwards put it on the computer and make still shots out of the video and edit up some nice riding footage. Just cause a guy has a cam does not mean he has to be pro. Going on a trip to the mtns is costly and time consuming so the last thing I want to do is take up even more time trying to take some pictures.

If everyone in your group is shooting HD footage you have a way better chance of someone getting that poster worthy shot. That's why I got one and most of my riding buddies do too. And sometimes you might make that amazing pull that scared the crap outta ya and your not gonna go for a redo.

Like Davidoff said in sled heads if he's gonna pull a crazy chute it better be on video cause he's not gonna do it again.

Thunder101

Reaction score
I like the that I can say "have you been to the Dakota crash site at Crowsnest Pass? Well here is the video I took". It will give them an idea of what to expect if they go there and now that I have a sled might try in winter to get both aspects. My Drift camera is mounted under the visor so its a centered view so its what I'm looking

Dakota crash site crowsnest pass - YouTube
A fine example right there. :) Some people vid are easy to watch and enjoyable, lots are a waist. I guess all we can do is make sure you rate the vids ?
Thx Grinder,
I've been deaming of sledding as of late but after your vid it reminded me how nice a quad ride can be

teeroy

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
And sometimes you might make that amazing pull that scared the crap outta ya and your not gonna go for a redo.

Like Davidoff said in sled heads if he's gonna pull a crazy chute it better be on video cause he's not gonna do it again.
I did exactly that last spring in Revy....worked myself up enough (along with some gentle encouragement from others) to try a chute in the airport on a turbo cat mod and the POV.HD didn't record. fawk....HAD to do it again....lol.

dinlaroche

Reaction score
It's all about the editing of the footage and you don't have to worry about pulling out a camera all the time, strap it to your head and leave it running...

KatMan

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just got mine for christmas, i'm pretty stoked

helmet-cam-21.jpg

Himark

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
haha buddy u gettin outta the bowl is hilarious, thats a good watch

LOL...man, before that vid i said, im not videoing anymore runs, this is getting retarded and a bit embarrassing. it was just so deep and no base. to the can and you would get 5ft at a time...SO frustrating..lol

polarisdragon800

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
LOL...man, before that vid i said, im not videoing anymore runs, this is getting retarded and a bit embarrassing. it was just so deep and no base. to the can and you would get 5ft at a time...SO frustrating..lol

What kind of camera do you use? Or maybe you already said?

cutter2100

Reaction score
Does anyone of e new gopro HD2?

I have it. Takes great pics and videos! Only draw back is it's a pain to turn on and off all the time. Pretty much have to turn it on and let it go. Nice thing is you can get all kinds of mounts and place it just about anywhere. Can really get some amazing clips from different angles. Bonus too.... it's not anything like the monstrosity in the pic earlier! ;)
Also, if you have the water-resistant back on, the sound really sucks. Commentary from the buddies sounds like the teacher on Charlie Brown! Plus filming when it starts getting dark the picture goes a little crazy.
Personally, I like my liquid goggles better. Great sound, easy to operate quickly and takes really nice clear vids even when it's dark. Pro's and con's to each I guess.

the_real_wild1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
When they came out I thought they were the dumbest thing. Now I am thinking about buying one. So many moments that a camera cant catch, whether it be a good wipe out, crash or awesome jump.

bj_lucky

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its some what of a hobby making the footage into something decent.... its easy to post up a clip of segment.... but going thru it all, aranging it, editting it, adding music and stuff can get pretty fun. a good way to look back and remember the trip.

STEEP N' DEEP 1 - YouTube

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
It's all about the editing of the footage and you don't have to worry about pulling out a camera all the time, strap it to your head and leave it running...

This is an awesome vid, nice job on the editting. I would like to be able to edit like you have done there, i'm a complete rookie. What do you use to edit??? I Movie?

I bought the Contour Roam yesterday but got the wrong SD card so back to best buy today for an exchange.

Showtime

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
its some what of a hobby making the footage into something decent.... its easy to post up a clip of segment.... but going thru it all, aranging it, editting it, adding music and stuff can get pretty fun. a good way to look back and remember the trip.

STEEP N' DEEP 1 - YouTube

Another awesome job.

For editting do you use the software the camera comes with or something completely different.

Top Bottom