What's the best part about owning a turbo doo

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
You should not be saying guys dont have a clue when you where in the same boat and no part of r&d on any turbo keyboard expert.
Ya your right Ron you know exactly what we did last winter because you were to my recollection never there right and for your info I have about 1200 miles worth of r&d on my 1200 have a few things to change this fall and it should be good we tried lots of different setups last winter to see what works and what dont but it has always run very consistent with the turbo kit that ken put on it

Last edited:

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Ya your right Ron you know exactly what we did last winter because you were to my recollection never there right and for your info I have about 1200 miles worth of r&d on my 1200 have a few things to change this fall and it should be good we tried lots of different setups last winter to see what works and what dont but it has always run very consistent with the turbo kit that ken put on it

The 1200 4 stroke and any 2 stroke turbos are 2 completely different things. That being said i had my hands on a 1200 last year with an mcx kit. We made some changes and played for a bit all in all an awesome sled i cant believe more people arent building these.

Deano

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
The 1200 4 stroke and any 2 stroke turbos are 2 completely different things. That being said i had my hands on a 1200 last year with an mcx kit. We made some changes and played for a bit all in all an awesome sled i cant believe more people arent building these.

Deano
I absolutely love my 1200 4 tech it's an awsome sled

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a turbo 1200, just hard to justify to build on when it's mandatory you have to change clutches, to make any power out of them , and they only come in a short track. So it's not like you can put the turbo on then slowly keep upgrading the rest of the sled. It's a big bill and all at once. On the other hand, I have been building an Rt turbo for the last two years now trying this and that, I thinks it's thistle for it to work good this time around. But wil I be any further ahead than building a 1200 or a nytro, or a two stroke turbo of a different kind, probably not. I have learned lots, and it will be something different.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I want a turbo 1200, just hard to justify to build on when it's mandatory you have to change clutches, to make any power out of them , and they only come in a short track. So it's not like you can put the turbo on then slowly keep upgrading the rest of the sled. It's a big bill and all at once. On the other hand, I have been building an Rt turbo for the last two years now trying this and that, I thinks it's thistle for it to work good this time around. But wil I be any further ahead than building a 1200 or a nytro, or a two stroke turbo of a different kind, probably not. I have learned lots, and it will be something different.

Just wait till eric wants to build something crazier then his will be ready to go for half price lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk

HagmanMod1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Just wait till eric wants to build something crazier then his will be ready to go for half price lol

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
Not quite maby when she hits 10000 miles it pushes my limits

JoHNI_T

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
best part about a turbo DOO is when I blow past on my stock doo...... haha bring it

Powderlites

Reaction score
Here are some pictures of shop sled for this year that will be sweet for sure.
Powderlites - Home
250-836-4422

Attachments

• P1000786a.jpg
    P1000786a.jpg
    191.8 KB · Views: 98
  • P1000799a.jpg
    P1000799a.jpg
    119.7 KB · Views: 105
Reactions: jbb

Deano670

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
How did Cr's sled work this past season, i havent heard much and i am very curious as to who is going to cater to the 1200 doo crowd.

Deano

Powderlites

Reaction score
There is a couple of things going on with Skidoo 1200 that we have addressed and fixed so no more shut downs.
Relay for EFI Injectors, Ignition colis, gauges, ECU and fuel pump are all on same relay from factory which was too much load.
Fuel system also needs to be upgraded for steep mountain climbs which we are doing on request.
Hopes this helps explain why some certain years shut down.
If anyone wants info or has this problem we can upgrade your sled.
Powderlites - Home

Rotax_Kid

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I've had a turbo 1200 for a few years now. It's a fair bit of work compared to a Yamaha to build, but it's a bit more torquey down low and noticably lighter.

I've been very lucky and don't want to jinx myself, but my MCX kitted 1200 has over 2000 miles on it without a hiccup. I like the extra power (mine 180 kit certainly isn;t the fastest sled on the hill), but more importantly I like the fact I've come home under my own power everytime I've gone out. Don't care what you ride..I've done a number of mod sleds...most important factor to me is to come home on each ride. We have all 4 brands in our group and they are all just as good. If there are problems, always comes down to the installer or tuner.

The 1200's had a bit of a bumpy first year and there were bugs, but there's uite a bit of info on these now and are fairly straightforward to build and work out to be considerably lighter than a Nytro, Apex, or a Cat. I haev a 146 x 2.5 on mine and I'm sub 500 lbs dry and am very happy with that.

Dootalk has a lot of information on 1200 builds. Reasearch before you dive in.

Top Bottom