whats it going to take? 14 second megacab

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
looking to build up a mega cab this time next year

aiming for 14 seconds.

i was thinking the usual chip/air/exhaust

what does that cut it down to?

then i would probly go with the sequential turbo setup fass fuel system and 90hp injectors.

will that be enough? head studs?:confused:

summit889

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
5.9 or 6.7? it's going to take around 400rwhp to get a mid to high 14 on a truck that big. intake/chip/exhaust will get you mid to high 300's. if you do turbo and injectors you will be 500 with ease. you'll be looking for a tranny after about 380ish.

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
yeah trans cant forget that. so realistically 500hp should be a good target#

thanks that pretty much answers it

i was hoping to pick up a 5.9 seems like a more basic motor.

FossY

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.zx7r.de
well 5.9 just older

so way more parts available by now

6.7 pretty solid

but for now i would also stick to a 5.9

ill try to find out the guys name in whitecourt
he drives an 04 1ton 5.9 pushing 890horse

he prob could get you all the answers your looking for

Summitric

SUPER COOL MOD & Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
YOU COULD ALWAYS COME TAKE MY LITTLE RED EXPRESS FOR A RIDE(MEGACAB)..... FEW TRICKS..... FUEL SYSTEM, TURBO, AND INJECTORS NEXT YEAR........AND A TRANS WHEN IT GOES:d

dooski

Reaction score
I'm already there. I put my truck on the dyno and i'm at 400hp and just over 800ftlbs My meth injection was not working at the time, but I should be around 475hp and 975 ftlbs. Still on the original trany but I know it will blow up. There is a guy in Vancouver that has a billet trany that is 3 times as strong as the stock for 3200.00. I guess I should tell you what I have, 2008 dodge megacab with a 6.7l. I'm using a edge tuner, mp8,egr delete,exhaust dpf delete,some turbo mods(stock turbo),afe stage 2 air filter. I am running 35 inch tires also that don't last very long.:d:d:beer::beer:

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm already there. I put my truck on the dyno and i'm at 400hp and just over 800ftlbs my meth injection was not working at the time, but i should be around 475hp and 975 ftlbs. Still on the original trany but i know it will blow up. There is a guy in vancouver that has a billet trany that is 3 times as strong as the stock for 3200.00. I guess i should tell you what i have, 2008 dodge megacab with a 6.7l. I'm using a edge tuner, mp8,egr delete,exhaust dpf delete,some turbo mods(stock turbo),afe stage 2 air filter. I am running 35 inch tires also that don't last very long.:d:d:beer::beer:

curious: What turbo mods to stock turbo???

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
try dieseltruckresource.com the alberta chapter is having a dyno day in edmonton in may if you wanna check some trucks out will be a couple megas there i think

its not a mega cab but i can run close to 15 flat with a 5 speed and 420rwhp so yeah 500hp in the mega cab should do it with a auto.

grizzley1

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
cant wait to see these trucks, sounds like wicked machines:d:d

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
had a truck run alittle over 1200rwhp and one at 1016 and we took his truck for wings after thats what i love about diesels.:d

dooski

Reaction score
I'm not exactly sure but you can give Diesel Performance Service in Calgary a call and I also know that they coming out with a turbo boost fooler

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
i'm not exactly sure but you can give diesel performance service in calgary a call and i also know that they coming out with a turbo boost fooler

i've already got stacked chips(edge juice with attitude, and the diablo power puck), so i don't think i can fool the system much more....... I'm thinkin' bigger turbo and injectors and fuel system are next and probably h.d. Cylinder head studs?

kennyblatz

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
i've already got stacked chips(edge juice with attitude, and the diablo power puck), so i don't think i can fool the system much more....... I'm thinkin' bigger turbo and injectors and fuel system are next and probably h.d. Cylinder head studs?

whats some info on your truck? year, auto/stick, intake?, exhauset? do you tow or is it more for play?

maxwell

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
whats some info on your truck? year, auto/stick, intake?, exhauset? do you tow or is it more for play?

rick have you ever looked into the sequential system? i realize its more than double the price but very cool how the small turbo spools the big turbo to miimize lag and handle more HP

Catman10

Drinking the Doolaid
Reaction score
I was at the dyno day after dooski did his run and the 6.7 was impressive, they had to have the new Fords with tuners, exhaust, intakes to beat it. I tried to get my 6.0l on the dyno but ran outta time but I think the Dodge would have handed me my a$$. The 6.4 Fords were at 530 RWH and the one guy had nitrous and was dynoed at 598.6 RWH. The Ford boys were pretty happy because thier cost of mods was between $3-4000.00 and they said that the fuel economy was well over 20mpg on the hwy. If you do your research they are saying that the new Ford tranny is also capable of handling this power. Dooski's tranny is doing very well and I have rode with him enough to know that if it was going to blow it would have done it by now, he drives like a madman! But there is now better pulling truck than the Dodge with the engine brake and the new 6 speed tranny, it rocks, I wouldnt mess with a 5.9 anymore.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
whats some info on your truck? Year, auto/stick, intake?, exhauset? Do you tow or is it more for play?

'06 megacab 5.9l turbo diesel, auto, afe intake and bladerunner intake tube, 4" magnaflow exhaust(had 5" but was too loud towing), edge juice with attitude and a diablo power puck. Towing and play....

sirkdev

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I was at the dyno day after dooski did his run and the 6.7 was impressive, they had to have the new Fords with tuners, exhaust, intakes to beat it. I tried to get my 6.0l on the dyno but ran outta time but I think the Dodge would have handed me my a$$. The 6.4 Fords were at 530 RWH and the one guy had nitrous and was dynoed at 598.6 RWH. The Ford boys were pretty happy because thier cost of mods was between $3-4000.00 and they said that the fuel economy was well over 20mpg on the hwy. If you do your research they are saying that the new Ford tranny is also capable of handling this power. Dooski's tranny is doing very well and I have rode with him enough to know that if it was going to blow it would have done it by now, he drives like a madman! But there is now better pulling truck than the Dodge with the engine brake and the new 6 speed tranny, it rocks, I wouldnt mess with a 5.9 anymore.

Spartan diesel now has a 310hp tune for the new 6.4L ford that requires no additional bolt ons besides the tuner. Of course you would be crazy not to do intake and exhaust.

I have a spartan 275hp tune on my ford and holy ch!t is it ridiculous. Just under 500 rwhp and 900ftlbs with tune, 4" exhaust and S@B intake.

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
real easy to get your mega cab in the 14s i ran mine all last summer at castrol raceway and was a consistant 13.5 99 mph, and that was just bolt ons, but you need a good torque converter to achieve this, before the converter i could not break 14, very close but no way. With the new torque i was doing 20psi 4x4 boost launches and was getting 1.8sec 60 ft times. trucks are unbelievable the power thay can make and still drive it home to hook up to the 35ft holiday trailer.

Summitric

Reaction score
Website
www.bumpertobumper.ca
real easy to get your mega cab in the 14s i ran mine all last summer at castrol raceway and was a consistant 13.5 99 mph, and that was just bolt ons, but you need a good torque converter to achieve this, before the converter i could not break 14, very close but no way. With the new torque i was doing 20psi 4x4 boost launches and was getting 1.8sec 60 ft times. Trucks are unbelievable the power thay can make and still drive it home to hook up to the 35ft holiday trailer.

what all have you done to your megacab? Did you do any other trans mods/improvements, or just put a torque convertor in?? What torque convertor did you put in????

lightening1000

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
what all have you done to your megacab? Did you do any other trans mods/improvements, or just put a torque convertor in?? What torque convertor did you put in????

i only did the torque and tci in edmonton built me a torque, just go see fritz there and tell him that you want the 91% torque that dwayne from greatwest has. this was for the 48re right? that torque worked awesome made the truck feel real direct and definately put the power to the ground. if you put that torque as soon as you drive it with it you will DEFINATELY will be impressed. I have a 91% stator if fritz has none left.

Top Bottom