whats a good truck for a teenager?

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
in my opinion at your age, i was happy with anything that all four tires held air,optional though, and would hold half tank of fuel without leaking it out was awesome ride. could never afford to fill it up all the way so half was all i needed anyways.:d

Longhorn

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Website
www.longhornenergy.ca
like what? i learn from my dad's bad experience , my grampa who i never met said never buy a ford too

Wow Joey, I cant wait for the day your young eyes open WIDE and you realize there is so much more going on in the world than what you know today LOL

I remember (barely) being your age and all full of pointless opinions based on nothing...those were good times, man I was smart then...:d

Let me say this...your dad having bad experience on ONE used Ford does not make them all bad. Check stats and statistics before you take opinion...

Im not a Ford guy, die-hard Dodge guy, but guess what, I own 2 Fords...Sometimes a good deal is just a good deal. Dont close your eyes and mind to something other than what you think you HAVE to have...

And yes I agree with the others...dont even think of trading the bike in, you wont get the value of the gas in the tank. Its worth much more to you than that.

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
Wow Joey, I cant wait for the day your young eyes open WIDE and you realize there is so much more going on in the world than what you know today LOL

I remember (barely) being your age and all full of pointless opinions based on nothing...those were good times, man I was smart then...:d

Let me say this...your dad having bad experience on ONE used Ford does not make them all bad. Check stats and statistics before you take opinion...

Im not a Ford guy, die-hard Dodge guy, but guess what, I own 2 Fords...Sometimes a good deal is just a good deal. Dont close your eyes and mind to something other than what you think you HAVE to have...

And yes I agree with the others...dont even think of trading the bike in, you wont get the value of the gas in the tank. Its worth much more to you than that.

good point on the bike part!

but no one can change my mind about ford!

and it was two different trucks , one rented and the other was the 86 he bought , ive never had any trouble with chevy or dodge so i'll buy either! we had an 88 chevy s15 for a work truck , never road worthy it was so rusty lol it skidded logs the size of transport tires! climb any hill and never stopped running , i learned to drive on it! i'll never buy a ford.:)

Bogger

Bogger of the GBCA
Reaction score
I'd thank longmember twice for that if I could....

Principals and values are very good to have and rarely change my young friend.....

Opinions on the other hand, especially based on the one time experiences of others will continuously change....

Regardless of the brand go with the best deal.... if it happens to be a ford stick a Mazda emblem on it...

magnet

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
I'd thank longmember twice for that if I could....

Principals and values are very good to have and rarely change my young friend.....

Opinions on the other hand, especially based on the one time experiences of others will continuously change....

Regardless of the brand go with the best deal.... if it happens to be a ford stick a Mazda emblem on it...

and monster stickers too.:d:beer:

butteboy21

Reaction score
i had a 96 chevy, first year with the vortec motor. Probably the best pickup ive owned, great power around 19 mpg. Even after i put a 6in. lift and 33X12.5 tires on it, it still got 15mpg. i had if for 5 years and only changed a water pump in it.

-LadyDirt-

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if your asking opinions, I absolutely love my Toyota. I guess it just depends what your going to be using the truck for. My Tacoma is great on fuel, has basically the same towing and payload capacity of a typical 1/2 ton, but in a V6. Its rugged, reliable and you cannot deny the fact Toyota has excellent resale value. Tacoma still currently holds better resale value that Tundra even. May not exactly be in your price range, but I was just giving my two cents.

Good luck on the truck hunt!

TheLonelyIsland

Active VIP Member
Reaction score
well if your asking opinions, I absolutely love my Toyota. I guess it just depends what your going to be using the truck for. My Tacoma is great on fuel, has basically the same towing and payload capacity of a typical 1/2 ton, but in a V6. Its rugged, reliable and you cannot deny the fact Toyota has excellent resale value. Tacoma still currently holds better resale value that Tundra even. May not exactly be in your price range, but I was just giving my two cents.

Good luck on the truck hunt!

ive never had good luck or bad luck with toyota as ive never owned one so i'd deffinately give it a shot!

i'll use it for hauling my bike , commuting (theirs where i need the mileage) and off roading , so toyota seems best! thanks

Top Bottom